* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Peanut Butter Cups + Red Wine + Hot Tub = ????

Numerous long years ago, hubby and I ended up in Spokane, Washington, one night with a coworker of ours. It was early winter, November or so, and there was a bit of snow on the ground. It seemed to be a fairly quiet evening at the hotel we were assigned to stay in. We scooted next door and made our obligatory trip up and down the aisles of the Rolling-Back-Prices-Screw-Your-Employees-And-Don't-Provide-Any-Benefits-And-Ask-Them-To-Work-Overtime-Without-Paying-For-It. (Those wretched days are past, with thanks in my heart.) We loaded ourselves down with cheap products from China and tossed in a bag of peanut butter cups also. Somewhere along the line, we absconded with a bottle of wine....red (and this was before I drank the red stuff). Our buddy twisted our arms and made us join him in the hotel's hot tub. It was freezing cold out, severe shrinkage factor involved (as if I can afford that), and the steam was rising in perfect little wisps from the outdoor hot tub. We dropped our jeans and sunk our back ends under the warm water ASAP. Ahh. Now, someone, please....pass me a handful of peanut butter cups (do you know how much happier I'd be if they came in dark chocolate??) and a plastic hotel cup full of vino. There's nothing like it. I think that our undies came off somewhere along the line.

22 comments:

T-Bird said...

...and after the undies came off???

LSL said...

This brings back great memories. Several years ago my ex-bf's sister and I were hot tubbing naked in Lake Oswego in a beautiful house where the hot tub overlooked the lake. We passed a double-bottle (god, maybe it was just a bottle-and-a-half; I hope so) of Glen Ellen chardonnay back and forth, drinking from the bottle until it was gone. It was hilarious and fun and the best time I had in that relationship. (Note the bf wasn't involved.)

Sorted Lives said...

Yes, I agree with Thunderbird, inquiring minds want to know..

Mike said...

Your undies came off AFTER you were in for a bit?

You would never be in MY hot tub, as that is a violation of the most basic rule.

Unknown said...

Gotta love hot tubs... especially in the cold...

Michael Guy said...

Hot tubs and vino are a very dangerous combination, Lewis! One can easily make a mistake in judgement!

My 'mistake in judgement' is visiting Chicago in April. Yep.

Dave2 said...

Wait, you were in Spokane and didn't go to David's Pizza? Criminal! It's what makes that long drive worthwhile!

Dave2 said...

Alas, David's Pizza is not mine... but I wrote about the brilliance of their pizza here.

TigerYogi said...

"Now, someone, please....pass me a handful of peanut butter cups (do you know how much happier I'd be if they came in dark chocolate??)"

They do!

http://www.newmansownorganics.com/food_peanut.html

A Lewis said...

Tiger, you're too cool! Thanks for the link.....and as for the rest of you perverts wanting to know about the undies coming off, shame on you. And MiKell....please, honey, we were in a public hotel....even the floozies have some ounce of decorum. And thanks to Dave for his pizza shout-out. It's one of my favorite foods.....

Trailhead said...

I drive through Spokane every time I go to our place in Montana (with hot tub, natch) and I've never had the time to find any really good food. I am SO stopping at David's Pizza next time.

Anonymous said...

hottubbing is my favorite! Just mention a hottub, and all kinds of stories come to mind, loved this entry.

Mike said...

And MiKell....please, honey, we were in a public hotel....even the floozies have some ounce of decorum.

Have you met my friend, Sorted?

Yeah. I thought so.

Blair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blair said...

You wear undies? What great memories.......what fun!

Unknown said...

ahhhhh, I remember that day all too well!!! Yes, the undies did come off, and, well...............(I'm grinning ear to ear!)

T-Bird said...

Hell we all want a j/o film of you performing in the hot tub, doing your little dance and...???!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like one of our parties at our friends Ken and Seans! They have a hot tub... love red wine... we can bring the peanut butter cups... and we always end up with our cloths off anyway!

The challange for me is alway getting out of the tub... there is the brief moment of a thousand needles stinging your body...ouch.

Will said...

I know you were in a hotel but I still can't imagine you didn't pull the undies off WITH the jeans. I very much doubt you were the only guests who ever went in there naked.

Fritz and I entertain in ours in the depths of the New Hampshire winter under a velvety black sky filled with stars. Absolute heaven. One evening one guest mischieviously made a sudden switch between the bubbbling jets all around the tub and the big, powerful jet that shoots around the inside wall. An adorable young Chinese guy was taken unawares and shot around the tub right into my arms. Good times, Lewis, good times.

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! That is like our regular Friday nights, driving up the Whistler, loading up on stuff at "that" place in Squamish, and then relaxing in th tub with the wine... mmmm I think I need some of that right now come to think of it.

Sh@ney said...

I just love outdoor heated spa baths/hottubs....What one does in them can add quite the flavor to the evening of course...Winter time I can sit there for hours, sometimes too much ad I end up with saggy, wrinkled skin...:P

Greg said...

Didn't I see this video for sale on TLA?