* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Idaho Says......




I'm trying to decide what is my favorite part of being in Idaho: The worn out and faded, formerly yellow, "Support the Troops" ribbon; the tattered "United" word in "America United" (duh?); or the four, bright and shiny and brand new National Rifle Association stickers. Seriously, there are four -- front and back of both vehicles. It could also be the beaten up "Let Freedom Ring" that rings so hollow now. Oh, wait! It could be that Alberto Gonzales is here today talking about what.....lying? How to deceive and get away with it? I'm not sure...but I'll be he finds a listening ear here. (PS -- I've seen less "Power of Pride" bumper stickers this time around.....I think that someone may have figured it out.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand all those bumper stickers and magnets. They need to take them off their cars. I hope you told Alberto what you really think. :)

Steven said...

I am very conservative with magnets and stickers. Only one for me. I always move my "Support our Troops" magnet around on the back of my CR-V fearing if it stays in one place that the color of the car will be lighter compared to under the magnet due to sun exposure. I'd hate to have a "permanent ribbon" on the car.

Anonymous said...

I always laugh when I see "Support Our Troops". It's so odd, to me.

What American doesn't support our troops? That's like saying "Support Air" or "Support Water".

So it seems redundant to put it on a bumper sticker. I completely support the troops, I just don't support the idiot leading them :)

Oh, and I know what you mean about the Power of Pride. I always thought that one was hilarious. har!

bardelf said...

I agree 100% with Nathan's comment on the support our troops. I like the bumper sticker I saw the other day that said, "Support Our Troops -- Bring Them Home!".

Just keep telling yourself, Saint Lewis, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home...".

Robert said...

I have it easy here, sitting behind the monitor while our troops and heroes are fighting and losing their lives... Bring them home already... it's been too long! I get choked up every time I think about it!

It takes a true hero to admit that he's made mistakes and to realize when to quit, I wish our President could simply see that!

Doug said...

I've thought about getting a ribbon magnet that says, "Support our ribbon makers."

K-A said...

The blinding ray of pride is more accurate.

My adventures said...

it's idaho!!! kinda like going to the rural south but everyone in idaho has more teeth!!! i hope!!!

Anonymous said...

I need to find me a sticker, I've never put one on my vehicle, although I've had other people put them on there before.

Michael Guy said...

I sorta' roll my eyes whenever I see those "My (daughter/son) is an Honor Roll student at Badger High School" or some such school bumper stickers.

I always think: "So what?" In 10-years they'll suck corporate cock just like the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

lets see... if i was in Idaho, my onlt bumper sticker would be: " Ski Sun Valley"