* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Celebrate -- Mardi Gras Style !!


So, what does the month of February bring to mind other than Valentine's Day, my birthday, Chinese New Year, President's Day, our brand-new Oregon Domestic Partnership, bulbs breaking the ground here in Portland anyway, and........Mardi Gras! Our friends J&J hosted their annual shin-dig last night. It was a giant evening filled with a million people dressed in the most amazing costumes and beautiful clothes, lots of sparkling beads, drinks in hand, candles everywhere, music blasting, spicy hot jambalaya with cornbread, and lots of beautiful decorations. It was even a rain-free day in Portland (miracles do happen!) and we were able to be outside with a fire burning. I can't say enough good about what a fun evening it was....thank you boys! All pics are here. Enjoy and Celebrate! And if you haven't found a good reason to celebrate lately, start looking for it and expecting it. Life is worth it.

11 comments:

Timmy said...

Looks like a fun time. Always great to see people away from the Gulf Coast celebrate one of my favorite times of the year.

Anonymous said...

the images look like a wonderful time was had by all. I think we need to do a similar event here locally in our little mountains on the east coast!

-C

bardelf said...

You wear your beads well, buddy.
Happy post-Mardi Gras!

Spamouflage said...

I agree, life is good on days like today. I had a wonderful weekend as well. On Friday night at around 10, our friends Megan and Ryan called for no other reason than they wanted to get drunk and play cards with us. And last night, we had friends over for supper and Rock Band. I'm in an amazing mood. Love the picture, you gotta wear that mask to work tomorrow.

Breenlantern said...

Looks like a great time. Wish I was there, although me, alcohol and a room of such yummy mans is a recipe for naughty un-husbandly-like behavior....

Ur-spo said...

that does sound fab.
but now Lent is here - so do your penance hohoho.

Victor said...

Lovely pics. Can someone explain to this ignorant Aussie blogger the significance of the beads I see worn by participants at the New Orleans Mardi Gras?

Anonymous said...

It WAS a great night. All the better since you two were there. Thanks for being with us...

Nathan Garvison said...

Lewis you are adorable and that mask is fabulous! You, me, coffee this week.

D-Man said...

It looks like you had an unfortunate accident with a bird - did it hurt?

Wayne said...

Looks like such fun!