* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Flirting in the Outback

My friend G and I were at The Outback having dinner tonight. A younger girl and guy come in, sit down at the next booth, and start talking loud enough for us to hear them. I'm facing G, and the two suspects are in the booth behind G.

Lewis to My Friend G: So, what are you going to have?
G: I think I'll have a small Outback special, jacket potato, and salad with tangy tomato dressing.
Lewis: I'm going to have a salad, potato, and side of broccoli.
G: That's not enough food. That's why you're so slim.
Lewis: It's enough. Plus, I don't really eat meat.

Cute Boy to Girl: I dropped off David's daughter earlier. I wonder who David is? Lover? Daddy? They continue this bantering for a few minutes.

G: God, his voice is nelly. Talking about the young guy behind him that he hasn't seen yet.
Lewis: I can't tell if he's gay or not. I'm trying to lean around G's head to take a closer look.
G: I'll bet he plucks his eyebrows. Now, how in the hell would he know that?

The young cutie gets up, leaves for a minute, and comes back. His swagger on the way back to his seat gives it all away. Not being stereotypical, am I? He is good looking (maybe it's just the tight green t-shirt talking) and now he's flashing me a big smile.

Lewis: Oh yea, the eyebrows are plucked. Pruned and landscaped are more like it. Looks like maybe a lawnmower has been his best friend.
G: Plucks his eyebrows? I don't like that. So, what's he doing now? Suddenly, in true Emeril fashion, things have been kicked up a notch.
Lewis: Well, he's leaning around the girl and trying to look at me now. I think the continued smiles are giving it away.
G: Oh my gosh!

He makes a phone call and starts talking to whoever is on the other end (maybe it's David or his daughter) about me. And now the girl he's with is turned around trying to look around G's head at me. They continue to giggle and are kind of giddy.

Lewis to G: At least he's polite. Every time that the (equally handsome) waiter approaches their table, he stops his phone call and says "thank you."
G: Good homosexual, good homosexual, G teases. He acts like he's petting a little "air" dog.

Lewis: Okay, it's time to go.....things are getting out of hand. I haven't been flirted with in a long time.

The cutie pie leans out toward the aisle when we're leaving and flashes me a big grin showing off the braces that his daddy probably paid cash for.

"Bye," he says.

"Bye," I am polite as any gentlemen would be.

Besides, I've got to get home and tell my hubby that a youngster has been hitting on me. I wonder if he even has his driver's license yet? Maybe he's getting it for Christmas.

8 comments:

Brad said...

What is it with you and the young gay boys? Hell, you get more action than I did when I was 22!

Anonymous said...

" it's nice to look at the menu, But we always eat at home"...

Mo and The Purries said...

Very entertaining story! I think G was just jealous that it was you getting flirted with!
And a little attention from a younger man (in all innocence) -- well, there's nothin' wrong with that!

ps: Love your new gravatar pic. Very handsome! (and that was just a compliment, not flirting!)

Oh, and I've added you to my hot blogs sidebar, hope that's ok!
~ Morgen

Ryan said...

i would flirt with u!

Sh@ney said...

Im going to leave this one alone & just ask "How was the tucker Lewis"..*winks*...xox

Anonymous said...

Oh, the things we hear from the other table--better than reality TV. :-)

Will said...

Lovely to get a little cruising from a boy. And from the pictures of you, I'd say you deserve it.

Thanks for the offer of help if I get into trouble converting to Beta Blogger--I really appreciate it as I'm not the most computer-literate person by a wide margin.

Kevin said...

OK, so you went to Outback Steakhouse, and both only ordered salads? WTF? :)

(Sorry just getting caught up on some past posts.)