* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Morning Mood Enhancer

7:55 this morning, bleary eyed, I stumbled slowly, carefully, down the stairs from our bedroom. In sweats. Made the bed already. It's kind of cold out for Portland....low 30s overnight. A little ice and snow yesterday with horrible winds. S always makes sure my coffee is ready for me. He's so good that way. I've stayed in bed so long today that he's already in the shower. I hear the water running. Good, I'll get my coffee and sneak in the bathroom and maybe even slip into the shower too. Hum. Knock the heat up to 68, fill my coffee cup, and take a look outside to see if it looks slick. The deck is shiny with ice. Damn. The shower water has turned off. He's in his robe, shaving cream on his pretty face. He always shaves after the shower at the sink. I'm an "in the shower" kind of guy as far as shaving goes. He tells me he's in a bad mood which is very unusual for him. Didn't sleep well. I hate to hear that first thing in the morning. We've got a totally busy weekend ahead of us.....dinner with friends tonight before the Portland Gay Men's Chorus holiday concert....two open houses tomorrow before dinner with more friends at The Rheinlander (guess which entre I'm having?). So, no time for a bad mood. I catch him in the office now, computer in his lap, in one of our favorite chairs...beautiful buttery leather. He's in his terry cloth bathrobe from a few Christmases back. Warm and toasty on this cold morning except that it's kind of hanging open just a little. Probably a draft in there. He is such a beautiful man....fuzzy chest, stomach and legs. Just perfect. So, maybe I'll try and help improve that bad mood a little, I'm thinking, even though I haven't finished my first cup of java yet. Of course he wouldn't mind just a little extra mood enhancer, would he? But it wasn't long before he's looking around, checking through the windows to see if any neighbors are watching (yeah, right, the super-cool lesbians next door are probably saddled up in their breakfast nook having their breakfast smoothies, reading the paper, and tuning in to me on the office floor with him the chair). I am so sure! But, "snap," the robe is yanked closed....."I'm not that kind of boy," he chirps. But at least he's got a smile on his face now. Maybe his mood has changed for the better, even just a little, I hope. Sure enough, it's been a good day. Happier than happy. Big smile on his face. I'll bet the Chorus will sound better than ever tonight.

9 comments:

ericopia said...

Two open houses before The Rhinelander? I only went there once, but my memory is of food so heavy I didn't feel the need to eat for days after. (GRIN)

Hope the weekend's going well!

Greg said...

Sounds like a great way to start the day. I hope everything went well with the concert!!

Sh@ney said...

Oh dear...There is nothing worse than starting the day on a sore note...He must have been feeling a little off color as well Babe to pass up on a 'morning enhancer'...hehe I go to bed in a mood thus when I wake up the same way it makes no diffrence to the day ahead...I am a misery guts aren't I...Enjoy your outings both of you...xox

Tony said...

I want to know about the concert my friend!

Ryan said...

sounds like being 2 busy 4 me. i like being up at damn but need 2 pots of coffee b4 i can leave the house haha!

jetboy747 said...

Reading this, about the ice on your deck, toasty warm with coffee, made me think of those guys lost up on Mt Hood. Sad. Hope the other two make it, but I'm not optimistic. I'm so obsessed. I stayed up till 2am watching CNN. They have to survive.

DEREK said...

I enjoyed this loving post and the way you write about the man you love!

Anonymous said...

"I'm not that kind of boy, said with a smile". I think you have your answer as to the effectiveness of said mood enhancer!

Seriously though, very warm and from the heart reflections on those seemingly small things that we associate with, and then grow to love about another person.

Kevin said...

Is it wrong of me to let you know that I'm in a bad mood this morning too? ;)