* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, October 30, 2006

Stuffed Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, Carmelized Brussel Sprouts

Just took a peek at fellow blogger Homer's site and saw his entry on one of my favorite foods ... potatoes. Reminded me to give you the run-down on tonight's creation in the kitchen:
1. Thick-cut pork chops (nearly a vegetarian, but I eat pork chops....explain that one)....stuff with mixture of fat-free cream cheese, roasted red peppers, carmelized onions, can of chopped green chilis, one tablespoon salsa. Coat in breadcrumbs, place in greased baking dish. 350 for 45 minutes and then down to 225 or so for another hour....longer the better....nice and tender.
2. Baked potatoes.....large pieces....in a very yummy mixture of spicy chili oil, essence of Emeril seasoning, season salt, and lemon pepper. 400 degrees for an hour......
3. Fresh brussel sprouts cut in half, thin strips of sweet onion, and leftover roasted red peppers from the pork chops above. All go in the skillet with a little balsamic vinegar, sugar, hot chili oil, salt and pepper, and a little juice (I used apple....any kind will do). I like to use juice instead of water anytime I need to steam something. In spite of the amazing fact that my brother-in-law T screwed up his face and made terrible facial contortions over the brussel sprouts, they were delicious.....in fact, he moved ONE of the TWO that he had to my plate!

5 comments:

Homer said...

Yummmm, potatoes. I'll skip the pork chops though.

jay lassiter said...

i am so hungry right now that i can't hardly see straight. then i go and read about all this deliciousness and my mouth starts to water.

A Lewis said...

Jay, you otta be in our house sometimes....I don't mean to be patting myself on the back, but I do (frequently) say to my partner..."We're eating well again." I've been kind of slacking lately....been into finding all kinds of new restaurants to eat at. But we're really trying to stay home and cook more. Drop by sometime! Hit me with your email...I can't find it.
Lewis

Brad said...

Oooo. Sounds heavenly. I do a lot of cooking myself, including stuffed pork chops.

I stuff mine with a mixture of crab, bread crumbs, egg and my top secret seasonings.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.