* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Idaho!

I'm off to see my parents and family in Boise, Idaho, and will be away from the computer and email through the end of the week....sorry, no reading all of your great blogs and emails and all. You see, once they get electricity in Idaho, they'll be able to think about getting the internet and all. Just kidding....all of my Idaho friends.

BTW, the Music and Passion concert was 100% unbelievable and amazing. So NOT typical Barry Manilow. Seriously, in spite of the craziness that you all think I was participating in, it was so full of high energy and dance and special effects. Lots of music from the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s. Really great stuff. HOWEVER, we were the youngest people there. And we were not dressed in the traditional, time-honored-fashion of most Portland audience members: sweats, sweatshirts, baggy clothes. As for gay men, we saw maybe just a small handful. It was not the audience that we were expecting. We did, however, participate in teeny-tiny plastic cups of horribly expensive wine from the wine bar. And his closing number, One Voice, sang acapella, was nothing short of a breath of fresh air.....crazy, I know, but very true. God, we need more of that kind of spirit, aliveness, and positive energy in our world. Talk with you all when I'm back late on Saturday or Sunday. Today, I hope you'll find your own voice and be the change you want to see in this world.

Just one voice singing in the darkness
All it takes is one voice
Singing so they hear what's on your mind
And when you look around you'll find
There's more than one voice singing in the darkness
Joining with that one voice
Each and every note another octave
Hands are joined and fears unlocked

14 comments:

Kevin said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!

And Idaho? No, You da ho! :)

Anonymous said...

You will be missed. Have a safe journey and will see you next week.

Doug said...

As you won't get this until you return, I hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Ok, actually you were the second youngest people there :) My partner and I went last night (we're of the lesbytarian variety). She loves Barry, I don't ... or didn't rather. I'm now a convert. The show was so wonderful and as you said, positive. ps~ found your blog yesterday while searching for Barry info

K-A said...

I wish you a safe and wonderful time.

Tony said...

Idaho...now there is a place I am curious abot since my cousin moved there but I don't quite have it at the top of my priority list yet.

Wayne said...

"And Idaho? No, You da ho!"
Very funny! Loved it!
Have a good trip.

Ryan said...

have fun we already miss u!

Minge said...

I read Boise and all I hear is:

Going back to Boise, I'm itching for a fight
I'm looking for a lover who loves my dynamite
So don't you mess around with me, you won't know what to do
'Cause I'll put on my cha cha heels and walk all over you.

Spider said...

One of my favorties of his - travel safely and we will be here when you return...

TJ said...

Glad you enjoyed the show. Safe travels. Hurry back...

Greg said...

The concert sounds incredible. I really need to go to more concerts.... Enjoy your time away!

Moby said...

Joshua beat me to it.

Be safe, we expect pics!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.