* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oakland, California, Streetscape Tour

It seems that I spend a fair amount of time in Oakland. I call it my Home Away From Home and wanted to share a little of it with you. It is filled with homeless people, plenty of crime, and wanderers. Yet, it has some beautiful architecture, an excellent downtown lake to walk around, and tons of good food. I think I'll try and share more of the cities I visit with you. Enjoy.

11 comments:

Doug said...

Neat video, though I did get a little carsick. ;)

Anonymous said...

That was cool taking a tour with you!

Oh and I love Feet on the Street. I think it would be a great sequel to Snakes on a Plane!

T-Bird said...

sheeze -- memories.....

Billy said...

Cool!

Share more!

Minge said...

Very fabulous! A bit disappointed, though. I thought you were going to follow that guy the whole time and end up in a tea room. Instead, you wind up in a grill! Did you get a nice sausage?

Anonymous said...

You're VERY hot.

tornwordo said...

That looks like it took a long time to make! Neat-o.

Michael Guy said...

I need to do a video. But I am clueless, sorta. Maybe in my spare time I'll experiment this long holiday weekend :)

Thanks for sharing!

Steven said...

Perfect music selection for the video. And quite brave to be walking where you were in the opening segment. I look forward to seeing the video portion that you left out when you went into Sacred Tattoo. ;-)

A Bear in the Woods said...

I love the way Oakland is stubbornly resisting gentrification. Maybe it will become the new San Fransisco.

D-Man said...

And don't forget Le Cheval, the French Vietnamese Restaurant. IT'S NOT THAI, LEWIS. :)