* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, August 25, 2008

Boise or Bust

415 miles on I-84 brought us home at 12:30pm today. 36-38 mpg on the new Camry hybrid made us even happier. Here are the pics. It's always a bittersweet journey -- back home to where I was born, raised, and lived until ten years ago. Things change, you know. People evolve. Places aren't quite like they used to be. That's both good and not so pretty. But we always enjoy the reuniting and good food. And visiting with my sister for her, ahem, 21st birthday was a blast. And there's nothing like the drive along the Columbia River and through Oregon's and Idaho's farm country. And the wind farms are going up rapidly....many more than we saw even just last April.

12 comments:

RAD said...

welcome back---looks like a good mini trip!

Anonymous said...

test

Iron Fist said...

I envy you that drive down the Gorge. That sure is some beautiful countryside out there.

Java said...

Glad you made it home safely.

I love to see the scenery when I take road trips. I try to avoid interstates when I can in part because the sense of place is better when I'm on a local highway than on the interstate highway.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! And I love the flicker photos! :-D Tried to pick just one favorite but couldn't. I like #076 of you, #171 of Mason with daddy's, and #117 of you and Blair. :) OK. I'll be good and stop with my top 3!

Tony said...

Looks like a great trip! What a beautiful drive you had. Glad you sister had a nice 21st ;-)

Doug said...

I enjoy your trips to Idaho for the little snippets of overheard conversation.

Oh, and your Auntie rocks! (or is that Margarita "frozen"?)

Michael Guy said...

Have a good trip home, Lewis! And I love a good road trip!

Do you have car games to pass the time along the drive? Ones where you keep your pants on? Just wondering...

And Aunts who drink margaritas...well, how cool is that?!

Laurie said...

So glad all went well there.
That is some goon gas mileage you
got. I think we made it from the
other side of Little Rock to where
we live on on tank of gas in the
hubbys truck when we returned from
NY.


HUGS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you were able to have a great time and enjoy the family time toether. Here's to many more good times. :-)

Rick said...

It's nice to be able to go back home. I know that feeling "when the hills of home start calling me".
I enjoyed all the pics. I'm still amazed at the high desert of the northwest. Pretty toes. Was that a sweet gherkin in your mouth?

Geoff said...

100% right that things never stay quite the same. GREAT pics!