* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Walk With Hubby and Pooch -- Waiting for I-Phone


(Be sure you click on the pic here to get the full effect of this shameful t-shirt.) What a very nice stretch of fantastic weather we've been having. We took full advantage of it today as we all took a great walk near the Portland International Airport....on former wetlands owned by the Port. Here are the pictures! (Make sure you blow the pics up full screen for the full effect...including nice view of Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens.) There are a few other private pictures which will remain under lock and key unless I am properly paid for said photos. I have very mixed feelings about this piece of land. It formerly was completely vacant and consisted only of meadows, fields, and wetlands. It hosted hawks, great blue heron, and coyotes. The Port of Portland has (in my opinion, unfortunately) allowed building to begin on this giant piece of property. Today, it has an Ikea on it, along with a ton of shops at Cascade Station, several hotels, a new Target to be opened this year, and numerous businesses. There are cars and large commercial trucks everywhere. All of this on former vacant, quiet, peaceful wetlands. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful afternoon. We finished our time with an obligatory stop at Yo Cream. Tonight will consist of grilling on the BBQ and a cold bottle of Stella Artois.

It appears that even more information has been (supposedly) leaked by an unnamed Apple spokesperson regarding the release of a new I-Phone this summer. Unfortunately, if the information holds true, it won't happen before our summer vacation at Bear Week in Provincetown.

American Idol left me wanting more this season. By the end, I didn't care who won. I loved Adam to start with but his voice grated on me from time to time by the end of the season. I liked Kris as well....if for nothing else than the fact that he would be a perfect sandwich in bed (or would he??...he'd probably just lay there like a lump). I thought that Adam was the only one who really, truly, displayed his love for winning the competition. Kris was lackluster along with the rest of the show. It seemed boring, poor musical choices, crappy singing and much more. The show last night was a yawn. I think that my time at Idol has expired.

Our holiday weekend will leave me working a Phoenix turn on Friday, San Diego turn on Saturday, and a San Diego overnight on Sunday night. I'll be home early on Monday and, hopefully, we'll be able to toss together a Memorial Day BBQ for Monday evening.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow wow! What a shirt! I love it, lol!! :)

Goyo

Princessa lil mexico said...

love the pictures. you guys look so happy. Glad we are having such great weather!!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! w00t!

Mark in DE said...

I share many of your feelings about American Idol this season. I just didn't care.

-carywd said...

have to disagree about idol- the finale was great television! and left me wanting more, more, more

wcs said...

Love the shirt! It's the third vegetarian reference I've had in two days.

The first, a cartoon I saw on someone's blog (drat - I can't remember who now) said, "Vegetarians. If you cook 'em right, they're delicious!"

The second, our dinner guests yesterday was a couple, one of whom is a vegetarian. She ate a piece of chicken, though.

And third, your shirt!

Thanks for the chuckle...

Billy said...

Love the T! Will keep that in my arsenal of 'clever' jokes for my next dinner party with vegie mates...

annie said...

i hear what you're sayin' about the wetlands. my heart does twisty-dos when "gain" steps on "purity". hope you have a beautiful, safe, trip schedule!

i love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

HA!!! I clicked on the shirt pic. and I LOOOOOVE IT! We all need to sink our teeth into a little meat now and again my friend! ;)
{HUGS}!!!

Will said...

I followed instructions, clicked on the picture and got the full effect OF--this really cute/handsome guy. T-shirt, what T-shirt?

Rick said...

Mmmmmmmm toss salad sounds yummy!
I hate seeing so much developement as well. But I guess that's what developers do.
Glad you have had great weather for some outdoor fun.
Adam seemed too professional to be on Idol. He outshined them all. They should have to sing the same songs in competitions.
Have a good weekend and fly right.

Ur-spo said...

I will wave you hello as you pass through phoenix, which is curiously having some Portland like weather at the moment.

Some day I need to watch this Idol show and see what all the fuss is about!

Rick Rockhill said...

Idol was interesting this season, but I do know what you mean. I think Adam will end up having a nice career regardless. I actually like Kris, he is sweet and should be singing to me!

Steven said...

Great photos that you have shared with us. Sorry to hear that you are doing a lot of working this holiday weekend. Enjoy your Monday!

Wayne said...

Sorry, but I loved this years Idol. And how can you not love that cute hot Kris? And I agree, Adam has an amazing voice, but a bit too screechy!