Holy smokes, kids. I've been swamped. Just finished a three-day trip and still have three more work days to go before we're on holiday. Here's the scoop in bullet form:
1. We're off to Albany, New York, where we'll be met by Idle Eyes and a Dormy along with his handsome husband next Thursday. On Friday, we'll be joining the rest of the iBears group and heading to Providence, Rhode Island, for the night. Then, on Saturday we'll be continuing on to Provincetown, Massachusetts, to dive headfirst into Bear Week 2009 in P-Town. It's a place we've never been at an annual event that draws thousands. Not being a bear, I'm smearing massive amounts of Rogaine on my back in hopes to fit in.
2. Tomorrow, July 4, would have been my father's 78th birthday. I miss our 4th of July BBQs complete with red, white, and blue birthday cakes and family gatherings in the park with giant slices of cold watermelon. Why is it that some memories still twist at the heart strings of one's life?
3. I had the chance to say hi to Rachelle Lefevre today. I told her that having to work is so overrated...and I asked her why I couldn't be independently wealthy and retire. She laughed.
4. Summer is here in Portland. We love going to Portland City Concerts in the Parks which we'll do as much as we can when we get back from holiday. We always take a picnic and enjoy ourselves. It's one of our favorite annual events.
5. I'm outta creative things to say except for Happy 4th of July. Enjoy. It's one of my favorites...and we have no plans whatsoever. I'm sorta bummed.