* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Experiences

In general, I love new experiences...new things, new activities. And tonight, I embark on what most of you will consider a ho-hum sort of thing...but I'm more than excited. I get to operate my first Anchorage-Chicago flight......and for the first time in my 15-year flight attendant career, I get to overnight in the city of Chicago on Thursday night. Big deal, you say. I know, I know. It's the little things in life. And then, on Friday, I will be in Seattle and get to have chow with my buddy and his hubby at A Rad Homo. Unfortunately, my Chicago buddies can't get out to my hotel with the traffic and all. My layovers are very short....Anchorage for 11 hours and Chicago for 14 hours. Here's My Trip. And on Sunday, Mason and I are jumping in the car and headed to see my sister and mom in Boise, Idaho......we do love a good road trip. So, I don't know what your exciting new things are in life....but whatever they are, embrace 'em, love 'em, live 'em. (Man, that sounds nauseatingly power-of-positive thinking-ish doesn't it????)

10 comments:

Jim said...

I'm still waiting to hear when you're coming to Dallas. We'll go see Monica and have a margarita.

I'm serious... come on down!

Franciscus van Munster said...

I love Chicago. Have fun!

Blair said...

We have great experiences in our lives don't we? I know you will enjoy your trip and I will be right there along with you in spirit.

Chicago has always been one of my favorite places...cant wait to go back some day!

See you this weekend!

Ur-spo said...

That is a lovely approach to life.

it is no wonder you are so well and fortunate.

wcs said...

Just don't touch anyone. Inappropriately, that is.

Happy (con)trails!

Princessa lil mexico said...

I see how you are... Meet everyone else!! Well Sir, I say good DAY!!!lol wink wink

Anonymous said...

Give annie a big hug for me!! :)

Mark in DE said...

I'm envious of your ability to meet blogger friends in person so often. Enjoy!

RAD said...

Jeff and I cant wait to see you! It will be fun! You can meet the kids this time too! I want to visit Chicago too! Its on the list for me so I can see the excitement? Little? Thats not what I heard :-)

See ya soon!

turnipHed said...

I completely understand your excitement --- hope you have a wicked good time.

I always love getting a layover in a new destination -- I went crazy with our HNL layovers and it was all I did for about 4 months - until I burnt out and burnt myself pretty bad...began to look like the old lady from "Something About Mary"