* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eye-Da-Ho

Eagle, Idaho, to be exact.  We're in Mommy's house trying to stay warm.  Our trip from Portland yesterday was uneventful in spite of our (my??) getting all worked up with regard to Interstate 84 road reports for the Blue Mountains of Northeast Oregon calling for a zillion inches of snow.  Zero snow on the roads.  A few wet spots but nothing that couldn't be wiped up.  And, we're here......

After a delicious homemade cream of potato soup with spinach soup topped with shredded smoked gouda and warmed garlic olive oil, we settled into this warm home filled with good laughs and plenty of giggles.  We haven't been here since November -- if you'll recall we were here in Idaho when LoverBoy's mother passed away.  And now we've walked into an overnight sensation of my 15-year-old niece's newly discovered Conversion Disorder.  She's trying physical therapy, counseling, child psychiatric care and headed toward neurotherapy treatments.  It makes me sad.  And I can't even begin to imagine how it makes my sister, her mother, feel.  Or my own mother, her grandmother.  You know, you just never know what is around the next particular corner of your life.  I'm thankful I (sort of) have the wherewithal to sort things out in my head.  And just when you think things are beginning to get headed in a more positive direction........

Tomorrow night is a family taco bar dinner with my immediate family plus my aunt and cousins and who knows who else.  I seldom get to see any of them so this will definitely be fun.  And today after sister's work, we're taking her to get her very first iPhone 3GS.  She is beside herself (and, no, that doesn't mean there are two of her....).  Mason has made himself right at home with his oversized backyard to run around in and chase the birdies.  He can come and go as he pleases here....without having to be taken on his leash up and down three flights of stairs like we do back at home.  And how could I forget to mention the gun rack filled with more than enough weapons.  We feel right at home. 

So, think of us...would you please.  We always have fun, and we will again.  But this thing with my niece has us both sorting out a lot of things internally.  And for now, The Spirit signs off from Eye-Da-Ho. 

4 comments:

Writer said...

I love how so much of family life revolves around food. The cream soup and the taco bar sound delightful!

And no matter how exactly you feel about your family (your = general, not your = specific), it's always wonderful to settle down together around a table of hot food. :)

Mike said...

Enjoy your family time...mmmm...tacos
And give your niece an extra hug

Rick Bettencourt said...

Sorry I haven't been by in awhile. I haven't been blog reading all that much. Glad your trip over the mountains was uneventful. Sorry to hear about your niece - the mind and brain are such delicate things that we are only just beginning to understand.

Take care! My best to you and yours.

Birdie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. Your loving hugs are surely a comfort to her and your family. Prayers ascending.