* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Reminders.....

Today I've been furnished with a reminder.  I was going to say a "gentle reminder" but it's really not at all gentle.  This was in my inbox today:

"....Your method for picking friends is odd. It's hard to get a kick out of you when you don't let me. It's also odd how much alike we are. ( I can tell by your interests, and I dearly love your partner). You hurt people sometimes though. Do you care? Just wondering." 

Lordy, the truth hurts sometimes.  I guess there are mirrors in our lives for a reason.  You'll excuse me while I turn inward for a bit.  I've got some reflection to do. 

3 comments:

BosGuy said...

Yikes that is laced with so much guilt it would make a Jewish mother envious.

Ron said...

Wow. That comment does give one pause to step back and contemplate with a "What's it all about Alfie?" moment.

Ur-spo said...

I hope your self reflection is a positive one, and not a beating.