- Our 14th Anniversary will occur this Friday December 9 (so there....take that Kim Kardashian and Newt Gingrich). Lordy. Lordy. Who would have ever guessed. I continue to learn from him. His strengths are exactly what I need in my many weaknesses. And, no, you can't have him. He's mine. We're celebrating with a condo-wide building party and neighborhood Festival of Lights. Just the way we like to.
- We made a drive to Idaho for Thanksgiving to enjoy several nice days with my family. We always love our road trips. And we hadn't been with my family for a holiday in a long while. Thanksgiving dinner was awesome.....even though there wasn't nearly enough dressing (or stuffing....whatever you call it). That's my favorite. I made cranberry/walnut brussel sprouts. And my mom made her homemade dinner rolls at my request. Exactly how old does one have to be in order to stop making special requests of his mother for dinner??
- Christmas will find me working. Just a morning turnaround...home by 1pm. We'll enjoy leftovers from a dinner that we will have made the day before. We're working as hard as we can this month because on December 28 we are......
- Going to our good friend's home out in the perfectly beautiful countryside south of Albany, New York, for the New Year's holiday. Flying to Boston, renting a car, and making our way west along the Mass Pike (that's what you MA people call it....right??). I'm already praying for good roads and weather as we toot along in our rental car. Our friends always treat us like kings. Or queens. Whatever. And we're going to enjoy a nice dinner out with all of our many other friends in the Albany area while we're back there. Portland and Albany are simply too far apart sometimes.
- I have completed six months of helping design Flight Path Debrief for Flight Attendants. A program to encourage personal growth. Happiness. Self respect. Respect for others. The program will be conducted for all 2,800 flight attendants over the next year. In addition to being one of the 15 designers of this amazing program, I will also be a part-time facilitator of it as well. Four hours of fantastic videos made by our group, powerful personal stories to encourage, and trying to look at life from just a bit of a more positive slant.
- The gym and I have not been good friends this year. I hate him and he hates me. It's a system of mutual admiration. But I keep on paying him every month to keep his mouth shut. I know that my relationship with him needs to change. But that's about all I know at this point.
- I will celebrate a birthday of some sort of milestone in the next two months. Plans are being made. I'm not sure about it all. It seems weird. Like, really super old. In spite of the fact that I don't feel that way at all.
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
Good god, it's December. Of 2011. Already. How many times in my life have I said, "I can't believe how fast times flies...." It just keeps on happening. Portland is socked in under low-level fog and temperatures in the 30s. Stagnant air. Blue skies just above me....not more than a half-mile or so. It's a good thing I'm not given over to that seasonal affective (or is it effective?) disorder syndrome thingy. BUT, we've had no rain for a long, long time. And that counts...right??