* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, December 26, 2011

Tick Tock, Tick Tock......

Tick tock tick tock.  The last remaining hours of 2011 are in front of us.  I can't believe it....but I say that every year.  Don't we all?  I spent six months of my year nearly not flying but, instead, working in Seattle at our Flight Operations Building creating and developing what is now termed Flight Path Debrief for Flight Attendants.  It's an amazingly positive and powerful program designed to make us not only better flight attendants but, more importantly, better human beings.  It's required training.  It's turned out quite well.  I am also an ongoing facilitator for the program and will be off and on throughout 2012.  It was a fantastic opportunity that I'm thankful for. 

Do you realize that it's possible we may have a President named Newt.  Or Mitt.  Seriously?  Newt or Mitt.  Sounds more like a law firm.   Anyone who tells me that they were caught off guard in an unexpected moment and were not able to gather even a scant 10,000 signatures in their very own home state has no business being President of the United States.  What?  You didn't know when the primary was?  You didn't know that you actually had to gather the signatures and turn them in?  I'm confused.  And it sounds like you are too, Newt.  Moving on.....

We're departing Wednesday evening for an all-night flight to Boston where we'll rent a car and head westward to Albany, New York, for a week.  To kick off the New Year in good style with good friends.  Last time we did this the temperature hovered a few degrees above zero, the wind blew, and the snow drifts prompted multi sessions each day of snowblowing.  I'm hoping for something just a bit better.  And did I mention that we've secured First Class seats for the Seattle-Boston flight?  Umm hum.  For sleeping purposes.  One can't find themselves driving the Mass Pike in the winter without having a proper night's sleep. 

We're enjoying the Christmas Eve dinner leftovers again tonight.  No complaints here.  We enjoyed the holiday working together.  One more Orange County turn again tomorrow morning and then I'm off for a week.  This time of year always makes me reflective.  Well not me, per se....but my thoughts.  I like to improve.  I like to consider ways of leading my life differently.  I'm just that way.  I hope you'll find a great way to carry yourself into 2012.  What's it going to be?  Cheers!

7 comments:

Mike said...

First-class to Boston is the ONLY way to arrive! Sounds like you'll be in fair city just long enough to grab your bags and jump in your rental car...Next time you plan to make it east, please make room in your schedule for a meet-up. Coming back to provincetown this summer?

Enjoy your visit in Albany -- sounds wonderful. And have a happy new year!

Stephen said...

Thank you for the spirit of your friendship. Love to the 3 of you!

wcs said...

Have a wonderful time! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll have good weather for the trek westward from BOS to Albany.

Maybe one day we'll be there at the same time!

BosGuy said...

Safe travels out this way. At the moment we have no snow although its finally cold enough to snow.

Enjoy your time out in Albany.

BosGuy

Ur-spo said...

a very happy new year to all three of you!

Rick Bettencourt said...

Hope the Mass Pike treated you well.

Happy new year!

cb said...

Have a great 2012! All the best in the coming year