* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Festivities Are About to Begin .........

The festivities are beginning.  I've finished an early morning SJC turn and I'm now on vacation.  Tonight kicks off an entire weekend of The Big 5-0 Birthday activities.  The cards have already begun to roll in.  And the chocolate too.  The carpets are cleaned (and they match the drapes) for the finale Pizza and Piano Party on Sunday evening.  Here's the lineup:

Thursday PM -- Happy Hour at Local Lounge a local gay-owned place that we love hanging at.

Friday AM -- Coffee hour at Three Friends Coffee House in S.E. Portland.

Friday PM -- Dinner at the Daily Grill and then "The Iron Lady" which I've been wanting to see. 

Saturday PM -- The Big Bash -- Hosted by my good friend Alan at his beautiful home.  He insisted on hosting.  I'm blessed.

Sunday AM -- Brunch!  At Hob Nob Grille....owned by a fellow flight attendant and her husband. 

Sunday PM -- Pizza and Piano Finale at our condo.  I've put together a long song list, handed it to my LoverBoy, and demanding that he play his new grand piano for me.  The whole evening. 

And that's it.  That's precisely how my 50th birthday weekend will play out.  I mean, for one on his way to middle age (ahem...) it should be a grand celebration.  Right? 

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

so when do we get to call in?

Dave2 said...

Hope your celebration is a good one! So sad I'm going to miss it! Happiest of birthdays to you!

Wayne said...

Looks like a great 5-0 birthday weekend! Enjoy!

Greg said...

Enjoy your "holiday" weekend!

Ur-spo said...

That all sounds splendid !

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Arnie!