* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

Cruising Virgins and Expensive AC Adapters



Yesterday I bought the most expensive AC power adapter ever for my laptop. The old one must have had a short in the wiring or something. It wouldn't power the laptop any longer and was flipping back and forth between the battery and AC constantly. So, I go on the prowl for a new adapter. Do you think that is easy? Dell makes it pretty difficult. Nothing would work. So, with SK twisting my arm, I bought a new laptop....making this the single most expensive AC adapter in the world. It's a new Sony Vaio C140G. It's very nice and I'm totally enjoying it. It's much lighter in weight and a little smaller...which will be perfect for my traveling lifestyle. Disappointing, though, that I still need to get an AC adapter from Dell for the old computer so that I can get all of my pictures and documents off of it. And standing right there by my side was my wonderful husband.....the perfect support and sounding board for my questions and decision making. I've jumped into the webcam pool and will be attempting some video blogging sometime soon.

As much as I hate to admit it, we're virgins. Cruising virgins and not THAT kind of cruising. We're talking about water, ships, etc. On Friday, January 26, we're leaving with my parents for a week-long cruise of the Southern Caribbean on Holland America's Westerdam. Stops include their own private island plus Aruba and Curacao. We've never done a full-length cruise before and neither of us have been to the Caribbean. PLUS, I won the cruise...for four people, deluxe veranda outside staterooms, and it included the airfare to/from the cruise too. Amazing! It'll be especially welcome after the last week of freezing cold temperatures and snow. We're going to do a stingray and dolphin encounter and we've reserved the Green Cabana on Half Moon Cay for the day--it comes with drinks, snacks, umbrellas, chairs, shower, air conditioning, and....the best part....a cabana boy for the day to run around, get lunch and drinks, whatever we need.....remember here, kids, we'll be with my parents. So no fooling around.

20 comments:

TJ said...

Nice new laptop and I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise. Have fun!

JoeBlogs said...

Cruising will be enjoyable. Watching the world go by.
Enjoy.

Jimmi said...

You are going to LOVE going on a cruise. My boyfriend Kevin and I went on one a little less than a year ago. I think we might do another this year. I LOVED it!!! We went on Princess to the Eastern Caribbean... I want to check out the Western and Southern Caribbean too, and also Bermuda which I hear is awesome! You won't believe how blue the water is in the middle of the ocean. Its incredible and so relaxing...

Paul said...

So is this like four people in one stateroom? Who's getting the top bunks?

Sorted Lives said...

Have fun -- cruises are always a great way to relax. Have fun.

Will said...

Good for you and congratulations for winning the thing!

I looked through your latest pictures. I'm such a sucker (in both senses of the word--so naughty!) for men with goatees. And those luminous brown eyes on a certain Portland blogger are pretty great also!

Wayne said...

You are going to so love the cruise! Craig and I did one and it was wonderful! The best way to travel!

Anonymous said...

And why not a Mac vs. the PC? :) I still love ya anyway!! The cruise will be delightful; and such a perfect time of year to get away from the frigid temps!

T-Bird said...

Oh i bet 1001 of your closest friends contacted you when they heard that you won the cruise. A nice big blast of sun would feel good round about now. Think of us it the wind, the rain, and the cold as you La-Dee-Dah the time away in the lap of tropical luxury (or in the lap of the hot little cabana boy).

Kevin said...

Should I pack my bags now?

Minge said...

How fabulous. I wish you were taking me. How about sending me a postcard instead?

Greg said...

What a way to travel. Winning the cruise with airfare....and a cabana boy to boot! Take lots of pictures!!!!

Anonymous said...

cruising...never tried it...yet. My brother & sister-in-law go all the time and love it. You will have to let us all know how its goes, but it sure sounds nice.

Homer said...

Take me instead!!!

DEREK said...

can't wait to see the video webcams sexyman!

K-A said...

Happy travels to you!

Doug said...

Nice laptop! I've never owned a Sony, but I have heard good things.

Congrats on the cruise! It is so awesome you're taking your parents, too. I think if I did that my mother would end up in the water at least once. ;)

T-Bird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T-Bird said...

ohmygod -- I was 20/800 in one eye and 20/900 in the other which is twice as bas as your were.

Need to put the goggles back on. Close up is difficult now, but it is only 12 hours after surgury so I need to give it weeks and see. Also had the halo effect on lights (I had cabin fever and went to Fred Meyer).

Cheers to both you and to yours.

My adventures said...

sounds like a blast!!! take pics and share!!!