* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Lasagne ala Lewis!

I make different types and styles of lasagna each time I create one. No two are the same. No recipes are ever followed. Today's feature included:

*28 ounce can diced tomatoes with liquid
*One 15 ounce can black olives, each one halved, no liquid
*One 15 ounce can whole white beans, drain most liquid
*Half of a sweet onion and a fairly large red pepper, sauteed in skillet first
*Half cup of dry white wine, your choice (and drink the rest).
*Three cups of your choice of cheeses (today, I used a mixture of asagio and shaved Parmesan)
*Few tablespoons of flour
*Plenty of fresh-ground black pepper
*Teaspoon of salt
*Dash of nutmeg
*Dash of cayenne pepper
*Few tablespoons of oil (today I used garlic oil, olive oil would do just fine)
Mix all of the above together in a large dish.

Most of the time I do not cook my noodles first....today I did but only until al dente. Always spray your baking dish with cooking spray first to help with cleanup (it's one of my many fetishes, but cooking spray and me are the best of friends in the kitchen, not the bedroom). I use a soup ladle and begin and end with the mixture on the bottom and top of the dish. I'd cook it at 350 for 45 minutes-1 hour. Tonight it will be served with a spinach salad including green olives, lots of coarse fresh black pepper and shaved Parmesan. There will be hot crusty bread alongside. Oh, did I mention the Querceto Chianti Classico Reserva 2000 straight from Italy? Yup, it'll be there before, during, and after. Invite your friends over and enjoy.

6 comments:

Wayne said...

Sounds delicious!
Craig also does not use recipes.

Doug said...

Neat! I've never had beans in lasagne before. I'll have to try it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Every weekend a group of friends and I get together for an Italian pot luck. I may get adventurous and try this one out. Or maybe just the Chianti...

Kevin said...

I'll be right over.

DEREK said...

Yum yum yum, you know Italian is my favorite!

T-Bird said...

To someone in the middle of a winter diet (lost 30 lbs since november 10)...ouch. You're killing me. This sounds soooooooo good.