* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Off of the High Seas (Boo Hoo!)


Oh my gosh! The cruise was truly one of the most amazing weeks of our lives. All of the pictures have been uploaded but I haven't had time to put descriptions on them yet. Plus, I made several (not-very-good) videos that I'll have uploaded soon. I can't tell you how sad we were to leave the Westerdam this morning in Fort Lauderdale. We are in a hotel near the Miami Airport now and fly home tomorrow. Holland America is definitely a premium cruise line. All of our expectations were exceeded. We lacked for nothing. No cell phones, no email, no driving, no cooking (except the cooking class that I took from one of the executive chefs on board). We just relaxed, had plenty of Mojitos and Pina Coladas, swam with stingrays and dolphins, and saw some of the most amazing Broadway-quality shows in the theater each evening. We were in the youngest 10% of those on board which made us feel pretty darned good. We saw a few other gay people and actually met a very nice couple from the Philadelphia area. The ship cruised along at around 20 knots for our more than 3,000 miles at sea. We cruised around the ship at about 1 knot on our way to dinner each evening and about .0000001 knot after dinner. Between the older folks who did everything except move very fast and the huge unbelievable meals in the dining room each evening, we didn't move very quickly! Missed my blogging friends and am looking forward to catching up throughout this week. Cheers! Anybody up for a cruise sometime? We're already looking!

26 comments:

Wayne said...

Love cruises!
What a great time they are!
Sorry it had to end.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to land! Sounds like you had a great time. DId you all gain 10 pounds. With all that food, I would have easily gained weight. Looking forward to those videos. All good things come to an end but you can begin planning your next cruise.

SlyD said...

Sounds like you had WAY too much fun! Glad you had a good time and let me say as well welcome back to dry land!

"W" said...

Awesome photos. Who was the stud that kept popping up in the brown swim trunks? And more importantly, where's the pictures of you in the blue underwer thingy you bought for the trip?

Trailhead said...

Welcome home. Sounds like a jolly good time was had by all.

Brad said...

Sorry your vacation had to end, but I'm glad you're back!

Will said...

Hey Lewis--welcome back! Glad you guys had a great time, looking forward to hearing some of the stories.

T-Bird said...

what a lovely time you had!

Could use that sun.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Glad you guys had a great time. So was I right about the food?

I tend to agree with you about Holland America. They are, hands down, the best quality line in all respects.

Your question regarding a cruise got me thinking. A gay blogger cruise. Good Lord, help the blue hairs!

Sh@ney said...

Happy to read you had one of the best 'times of your lives'...Sounds just awesome...Welcome back to dry land...:P *winks*

My adventures said...

hubby and i are doing a greek isles cruise in august... it leaves from venice... i'm very excited... and next feb, i'm doing 2 weeks around the tips of south america... chile to argentina... how was it? i've never done one.. now off to check out the photos...

rossipr said...

It sounds like you guys had a terrific experience. Alex and I have been talking about taking a cruise but we never went very far in the planning. Let us know when you want to plan a cruise.

Doug said...

That's awesome! It's nice to hear about a trip where things went so right.

Welcome back!

LSL said...

Welcome back, and glad it was so much fun!

Greg said...

The pics look great! Makes me want to take a cruise...eventually.

Nathan said...

Welcome back! What a beautiful set of photos. I loved the ones of the dolphins kissing you guys, haha Very cool!

I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves, that's what life's about :)

TJ said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Welcome back. I'm not big on going on a boat due to a past experience but I still think it would be great. Anyway, I'm going to go have a look at the pictures now.

Jimmi said...

Wow that looked fun! Looks like a really nice ship! Loved the room!

Single Guy said...

welcome back. You guys look very happy and rested!

Anonymous said...

great pics! you good look like you had a great time. Any ideas on an Alaskan cruise?

-carywd said...

it looks like a wonderful time was had by all
welcome back and we hope to see you soon
-cary

Red Seven said...

I've traveled all over the world, but never done a cruise. Suppose I should try one before I make all kinds of snooty judgments, hm?

Maybe in '08 ...

DEREK said...

love them sexy pictures on the beach! Hey what kind of glasses does your man have, I've got to get glasses tomorrow, and I want to try something like he's got.
WELCOME BACK!

Tony said...

OK Lewis...

Just rub our faces in it. All that glorious sun and fun, food and drink. LMAO. Glad you guys had a ball! I am so ready for something like Hawaii now.

I had to laugh watching your videos. Your whole facial expression around yor mouth, literally, I kiod you not, is identical to my cousin's husband. If I were to put a black goatee on you and only see the bottom portion of your face, I'd have guessed it was him!!

Unknown said...

Hey! I found the pics! Looks like you had loads of fun. (And your mom's so cute!)

Unknown said...

I found the pics! Looks like you had fun!