* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Friday, February 16, 2007

VD and The Busy Week


It's been a busy week kids. Had a little cold on top of Valentine's Day (not to be confused with VD which carries a much higher level of attention). But I managed to squeak out a nice dinner for the two of us:

* * * Thin Cut Pork Chops Marinated in Orange Juice,
Garlic, Soy Sauce Resting Gently on a Bed of Braised
Sweet White Onion
* * * Tomato-Basil Risotto With Fresh Asparagus and Red Pepper
* * * Fresh Avocado Diced with Sweet Red Peppers,
With Olive Oil and Fresh-Cracked Black Pepper
* * * Delicious Rich Dark Chocolate-Coated Crispy Pretzels

Finished a three-day trip with took me on nine flights in and out of San Diego, Los Cabos Mexico, Orange County, Seattle, San Jose, and Oakland. I'm tired! Having dinner out tonight at the Alameda Brewhouse with some good friends that we haven't seen in a while. And tomorrow, I'm off on another three-day trip which will take me to Vancouver, BC, on both Saturday and Sunday nights. I return on my birthday afternoon, Monday; and we have dinner plans with another good friend that evening. Whew. But, it continues......on Tuesday I'm going to Los Angeles to hook up with another good buddy that we just met on the cruise. We're going to have some good food and get to know each other a little better. AND, speaking of cruises.....are you ready?...........We've booked yet another cruise! This whole deal started back when we were on board the Westerdam and our friends mentioned to us that they were going on a 15-night Hawaii cruise.....long story short, we're going with them.

Wishing you all a cool holiday weekend....full of rest and relaxation....some good food, friends, and family. Make it count!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks delicious, Mike is coming down with a cold too, hope he feels better tomorrow.

Wow Hawaii 15 days, Tony did you hear that?

Brad said...

Hawaii cruising, fantastic dinner, I tell you, if I didn't like you so well, I'd be jealous!

tornwordo said...

I wanna go! I had the cruise bug too and we went on two, you'll have a ball.

JoeBlogs said...

Your travelling more than Fileas Fogg ever did!

Wayne said...

Happy B-day Lewis!
A 15 day cruise! I'm sooo jealous!
Wish I could talk Craig into that!

T-Bird said...

My oh my do you ever like to cruise. You appear to also enjoy ocean voyages ;-D

Happy B-Day. Did a early B-Day dinner last night. The real one is coming in a couple of weeks. Cheers, flyboy.

Minge said...

Please feed me, now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie!
First of all "Happy Birthday" Monday----your what....29?
Would love to get your recipe on the tomato risoto,yum.
Give my love to yourself and your sweetie Steve. We still need to get together and have that Swiss/German dinner.
Enjoy!
Elisabeth