* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Orlando That Disney Forgot

UPDATE: Here's the Video Evidence of the Evening.....


After flying all night and a fitful little nap, Keith from Sorted Lives picked me up for a very nice lunch at the City Market...we sat outside, took in lots of eye candy, and it was like we'd been friends forever. We both had Brett from Spider's Web on our minds--and we still do. The walk around the lake was excellent (despite him trying to get me into either (1) the bushes or (2) to lay horizontally on a park bench (see the pics). We dusted ourselves off, reapplied our makup, and went on a driving tour of the great neighborhoods of old Orlando. We did do drive-bys of the five or six gay bars that Orlando has to offer. (He wanted to go in....I said "No, I'm not that kind of girl.") We joined MiKell from I Deal With It at my hotel and then headed to dinner at TuTu Tango with Kevin from Actorschmactor, Eric from Mid-Afternoon Snack, and Mike from .alt>Mike. (You can see each of their pictures and stories from that night on their sites....I hope you'll check them out....the rest of my pictures are HERE. Keith happened to know Gigi who ended up being our waitress....and Kevin got himself into a little trouble with her, as the pics will quite clearly identify. The place was filled with Flamenco dancers and the loudest music you've ever heard. We also called and left a voice message for the Jimmi and Dan Variety Cast which I'm sure will come back to haunt us. These guys all treated me so perfectly...like friends who'd known each other for years. I felt like a real southern girl who was having the red carpet rolled out for her. They did everything except open the carriage door for me. I really appreciated the chance to meet each of them. They were not half as bad as I'd read about in the Orlando Correctional Facility Work Release Program publication. Thank you guys for making me feel so welcome and for taking the time out of your busy schedules to have dinner together. You're all awesome and I believe a repeat performance is definitely mandatory (provided they'll allow us to all be in the same location at the same time again). By the way, explain to me again how we drank $87 worth of margaritas? I'm still confused. I also shot some pics on the way home of Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams in Washington state and took some kind of cool night shots of the flower cherry trees.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are so awesome, going through them all right now. I love that ole lake, I want to ride in one of those swans one day! Great post! Spider's definately in all of our thoughts.

Sorted Lives said...

I think a great time was had by all. You soo rock and I love the pics. And exactly where did you find a copy of the Orange County Correctional Facility Work Release Program publication?

Im sure you noticed MiKell's electonic ankle bracelet which prompted you to investigate more. I'm just saying.

Come back again!!!

Greg said...

All this bloggers meeting bloggers is making me jealous. I need to coerce The Boyfriend into making a trip to Orlando because it looks as though you all had a marvelous time!

Mike said...

I was wearing black so no one would notice the electronic ankle bracelet thingy. I thought black was supposed to be slimming.

Which, you'll notice, Sorted was NOT wearing, but, I'M just saying...

Regardless, I had a great time that night, only putt-putt golf would have made it better. Or a longer visit... I'm not sure.

one3y3 said...

$87 worth of margaritas? Sounds like my kind of trip!

ericopia said...

I, however, was almost entirely in black. Hm.

Lewis, thanks for proposing the dinner -- and for sharing photos from "back home" to boot! (That's snow the way I like to see it: from an airplane window.)

Single Guy said...

Wow..a cross country bloggers meet up. When are you coming to Sydney?

SlyD said...

That looks like too much fun! I'm so jealous! So when's the trip to the bayous?

Billy said...

Looks like fun - and how many drinks does that buy? Naughty Naughty Lewis!

So when's the trip to Deepest Darkest Africa?

Hubby and I are planning a trip to the US sometime next year.

My adventures said...

that looks like a total blast... glad you had a good time and i'm looking forward to the same adventure on my trip down... and, you're invite is open if you and stephen want to join me at the beach... david

altmike said...

You made me feel so inadequate. You will your personal blogger business cards....
hmmmmm.....those cards are turning up EVERYWHERE in town. You sure do get around!

Anonymous said...

how did I miss the video, just watched it, loved it!

Paul said...

That “DO NOT LIE OR OTHERWISE BE IN A HORIZONTAL POSITION ON A PARK BENCH ...” sign is the funniest thing I’ve seen. Do they also have it broadcast over massive PA systems, or do they just assume that everyone can read?