* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Piss and Happy


Today is a mixture things that piss me off and things that make me extremely happy with our world. Enjoy!

If you haven't taken a look at It's Raining Men lately, please do. We're trying to ramp this thing back up with gathering the names of new contributors and getting rid of those who don't want to be there any longer. Take a look at let me know. If you're currently on the contributor list and don't get back to me, we're going to assume that you don't want to be a part of it any longer.

From the pages of It's Raining Men, you'll find these two articles (Article 1 and Article 2) that really get my feathers up...especially so since I've been in Poland three times and have enjoyed my time there. As far as you think we've come in this global introduction of gays into our society, look out. Things are not so good and downright scary in some parts of our world. Many of us live in bubbles where "everything is okay." Others live in daily fear and fighting for their beliefs. This should make every one of us nervous. It can happen anywhere. Keep your eyes open and keep fighting for the underdog. We're only as strong as our weakest link.

I loved this advertisement for HIV currently running in France. These are the three candidates for president in France right now. I found it at Will's DesignerBlog. Can you imagine Bush, Cheney, and Rove's face on this thing? Ick. But an amazing piece of advertising.


It says "Would You Vote for me if You Knew I was HIV positive?"




And from my fellow blogger buddy Dave at Blogography.....two pieces (Happiness and Believe) that you simply must take a look at. They'll make you feel good to know people like Dave in our world.

I've been out of work sick now for close to 10 days...the longest in my career. My head congestion/cold/allergy thing is making me crazy. It's slightly better but not nearly enough to be flying around in a metal tube. I've tried everything. It's amazing how many pounds of snot can be stashed up inside of a little, closed-off, narrow opening on the front of your face.

Wishing you all safe and happy journeys this coming week. Be at peace with yourself....and then be sure to spread some around. God knows we need it.

19 comments:

D-Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D-Man said...

When I saw "piss and happy" I thought... never mind. Get better soon.

Robert said...

Those are indeed powerful ads. Kudos to them! Yeah, Dave's writing is pretty awesome! Hope you feel better real soon Lewis! xoxo

Doug said...

I hope you're feeling better soon Lewis.

Steven said...

Now I can see why you had such a keen interest on the Omnicef talk I had, Lewis. And like I said, it does wonders on relieving the sinus pressure and the release of all the (quoting here :-)) "snot". It flowed for a half a day and the headaches disappeared. If you haven't inquired about Omnicef with your doctor, do so this week.

Let's get you to run for President. In regards to the question, I would vote for the candidate on the grounds of what he/she is going to implement, change, improve. A person's HIV-status would not change MY opinion.

Get better soon. It concerns me that this is bad enough for you to be out of work for 10 days. But then again, I am not up in the air. And air pressure only intensifies the pain. And I can recall times when my eye felt like it was going to pop out when I did fly.

Anonymous said...

wow, very powerful ads.
Hope your doing better soon, sending hairy healing hugs.

LSL said...

Lewis, I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick for so long! I hope you keep feeling better.

Also - I just loved those posts of Dave's. Isn't he great?

And - I LOVE those ads. So encouraging, just reading about them made me feel great - that there are people willing to put it out there like this. I'm going to send them to Hillary. :)

Anonymous said...

Lewis, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Billy said...

Hope you feel better soon friend! Nothing a terrible as feeling as if a train hit ya!

Sorted Lives said...

I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully, this won't put a damper on your visit this month? We will be adding 2 seats this time 'round.

Mike said...

That ad would not get used in this country. Not now, not 10 years ago, and probably not 10 years from now. Precisely because people miss the point entirely.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ryan said...

lewis u are doing a great job on its raining men thanks so much for the help and taking over with most the work on there awesome job!

"W" said...

Awe...hugs and smooches and a big get well soon wish!

Red Seven said...

Love the ads ... and unfortunately, I'll ask that you take me off of the "Raining Men" contributor list. I barely have time to write 2-3 posts on my own blog each week. Sorry! I'll still read, tho'!

Christopher said...

Hope you GET WELL SOON my friend...you're just too damn pretty to be sick!

Greg said...

Great advertising from the French politicos regarding AIDS. I aslo hope you feel better soon; I know how awful those lingering head colds/sinus problems can be.

Nathan said...

Wow, that post was filled with a lot of things to think about. Thanks for sharing them.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still sick :( Feel better soon, my friend.

xoxo

Minge said...

Eighteen pounds to be precise. Get well soon!

altmike said...

Yikes Lewis if your allergies are bothering you there....I shutter to think what they will be like when you visit us in Orlando.....
They are the worst here.