* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's Official -- The Summer Season is Here!

It's official. The season has begun -- the pilgrimage has launched. I made my first trip to the beach today.....Sauvie Island just northwest of Portland. It was 90 today....really pretty warm for here. Beautiful day along the Columbia River. Some ship traffic (the huge ships come from the Pacific Ocean down the Columbia from to/from the Port of Portland. Lots of jet skiers, a huge group of young dudes and chicks all laughing and having a good time....and all with their brand new tight swim suits on....no one naked at that age, apparently. I was anticipating a quiet day....since it's the middle of the week and not quite the summer season yet. But the parking lots were full and lots of people with their lunches, boats, and friends. I saw two little black snakes (we're talking reptiles here for those with dirty minds), two Great Blue Heron, a dead salmon, and some yellow birds of some sort. Oh, and about a million misquitos. Usually see some hawks, but not today. Three ships passed while I was there. I took the camera with anticipation of taking some pics, but it just didn't feel right. Something about a camera coming out on a nude beach that tends to send a rustle among the troops -- hairs raise, toes curl, and holes tighten when the camera makes its appearance. So, we'll let private be private. It was a great day. Grabbed a Subway sandwich on the way out and ate it on the sand. Next time, we'll grab two and you'll be there with me.

The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy with tons of travel for work and pleasure -- Oakland, Las Vegas, Fairbanks, Boise, Los Angeles, Phoenix....and the list goes on. Whew. I'm getting to old for this crap. Now, where is the Geritol?

14 comments:

Tony said...

I think Al said it best. Can I have some of your flight miles please.

Sh@ney said...

Your so lucky to have the opportunity to travel at any age...Live it up babe!!
I was wishing I was at the beach today...Our winters here are wonderful, warm, crystal clear skies...A little chilly for a dip but that has never stopped me before...xoxox

Anonymous said...

isn't the weather just great this week? gotta love it! But just to be on hte safe side this year we bought an A/C so we don't roast like last summer.

Tony said...

Hey my friend...Kel at Rambling Along In Life...has his Pride challenge up at this blog. Stop by his blog post for today and chime in!!

Robert said...

Tight holes and Geritol. Sounds a bit oxymoronic. ahaha!

TigerYogi said...

Do they still make Geritol?

Steven said...

"....holes tighten when the camera makes its appearance."

Huh? The first thing that came to mind was not very pretty. Is that what you are referring to? :-o

Glad the weather is cooperating. So far so good here. Been predictions of rain all week, but nothing yet.

Greg said...

I'm ready for the fall: sweaters, sweat shirts, snuggling. although, summer's good for the visuals....

DEREK said...

Man, I'm only 15 minutes to the beach, I'm ready to hit it myself, all I can do is lay down mostly anyway, might as well have a tan.

Michael Guy said...

er, YOU do realize I'm the guy who would scream like a girl if I saw those lil' black snakes?!

I had a bad, childhood experience with a black snake.

Don't go there. No, I wasn't taking my clothes off in the barn. Yet.

Ur-spo said...

I used to look forward to the arrival of summer, but since moving to Phoenix, it is the arrival of fire and heat. Close shop for 3 months or so.
You should avoid naked beaches, as that sort of activity leads to social dancing.

Unknown said...

Yes... summer has hit Orlando too... all the gays are invading for this weekend! Once that happens, I know summer is here!

Miss you more than my natural hair color...

Hugs... C

Jimmi said...

What no pictures???

D-Man said...

Tight holes are a GOOD thing. And curled toes can be the result of a really good orgasm. So take lots of pics, baby - and post them here. Solely for educational purposes, of course.