* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Friday, June 01, 2007

Family Reunion!

My long, lost relative has found me! She needs me! I am wanted! She wanted me so badly that I heard from her twice in the same day.....or maybe she just wanted me to read the same email twice. Either way, praise Jesus, we're on the road to her reaching into my back pocket for a little $$$ (actually, a little is all she'll find). A couple of observations:

1. She is right, the letter was a surprise
2. I am so totally into the Greetings in the name of Allah!
3. She doesn't want my phone call (with the illness and all)..just my $$$ (I'd be the same way, I think).
4. Before his death we were born again Christians -- and after????
5. If I am "Truly Christian" -- she just missed out on Jerry Falwell's estate.
6. I love family history and am glad to have a long, lost relative in my quiver.
7. Dear Franca, I hope I'm not too late. It's nice to finally hear from you. If the breast cancer hasn't take you yet, here's the millions you requested. Just use my credit card. (I'll get airline miles for it so it works out well for both of us.)

Dear Beloved in Christ....Reply Back.
GREETINGS TO YOU IN THE NAME OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
Naturally, this letter might come to you as a surprise, since we have not met before.
It is by the grace of God that this occurred; knowing the truth and the truth shall set me free. Having known the truth, I had no choice than to do what is lawful and rightful in the sight of God for eternal life and in the sight of man for witness of Gods mercy and glory upon my life. I have the pleasure to share my life history briefly, with you and also prayed over it, God reviled to me Directions in which to fellow.I am the above named person from Netherlands. I am married to Dr. Franklyn Johnson. Who worked with Canadian Embassy in Netherlands for nine years before his death on 11th march 2004.We were married for eleven years without a Child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death, we were both born again Christians. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Seven Million, Five hundred thousand US Dollars (USD$7.5M) with(Westdeutsche Landesbank (Schweiz) AG.Switzerland.Presently, this money is still with the above mentioned Bank in Switzerland. And the management wrote me as the beneficiary to come forward to receive the money or rather issue a letter of authorisation to somebody to receive it on my behalf since I cannot go over there due to my ill health condition. Again, with the help of my little adopted Girl by Name: (Marilyn) I wrote thisletter siking for your assistance. Am under intensive medical treatment for cancer of the breast which my Doctor has indicated will keep me off for months and only by the special grace of God. Hence I have decided to Distribute parts of the Funds to (Charity Organizations, Churches and Orphanage Homes etc while the left over will be for my little Girl 'Marilyn') I Don’t want a Situation where this money will be used in an ungodly Manner Like my late Husband's family members are doing. It is my main purpose of contacting you in view of the fact that you are a Truly Christian. Please, I beg you in the name of our Almighty God to help to utilize the above mentioned funds and its interest and distribute it accordingly. While you also will be adequately compensated with 25% of the total Amount. I need a Christian believer. God has put me through to you.
Please I Don't need telephone Communication in this regard because of my health status and the presence of my husband's relatives who have plundered so much of our wealth. I don't want them to know about this Development, since they embark on mismanaging the family resources. Any delay in your Reply will give me room in searching for a church or Christian individual for this same purpos. (Always pray for me.)
Hoping to hear from you soonest.
Yours Sister in the Lord,
Mrs. Franca Martins

16 comments:

Lacey said...

I actually answered one of those letters, once. I replied...
"you HAVE to be kidding if you think I'm that stupid".

BIG mistake. They don't actually READ your response. Just the fact that you responded takes you to a whole NEW level of plea filled emails...it just encourages them.

Robert said...

I think I just shed a tear... But in this case, maybe it's 'shat'!

Have a great weekend to you and your hubby-hubby!

Christopher said...

Dear Beloved in Jebus --

Maybe you can make a suggestion to this Bitch that she take some of the money & learn her some grammar...have a Blessed weekend.

Your Brother in Fagness,

Chris

Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus! What a wonderful letter! We must be somehow related, because she wrote me too!

Dave2 said...

I was feeling so very special when I got this letter... I mean, God led her to me! TO ME!!! Now I find out that my Sister in the Lord has also been led to everybody else on the internet, which has left me feeling used like a cheap whore. I now regret having wired her the $50,000 initial payment.

Greg said...

Hallelujah!

But I'm not feeling the love as she forgot about me, her long lost little brother. (big sigh)

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as Nathan; we must all be related because I, too, have heard from her! I advised her to hit you for money since you were rich! I love your sense of humor, Lewis. Have a great weekend!

D-Man said...

Ah, this is the sister of that lady who told Bush and Cheney that there was scads of oil money ready for the taking in Iraq - and that we would be greeted as liberators on a holy Christian Crusade! I think her name was Halley Burton, or something...

Jimmi said...

IN JESUS NAME I PRAY! I think this sounds an awful lot like "God Warrior"!

Unknown said...

Now that Robert Alan Soloway was arrested today, you should no longer be hearing from Ms. Martins...

we hope...

Homer said...

I wish I hadn't knocked her up, but at least now we are related.

Ur-spo said...

dear me what a racket!
sorry that I am sure this works.

one3y3 said...

LOL. I received a similar email stating that I was related to royalty in a far-off country. I just had to send some money to help my relatives who were in exhile. Needless to say, I'm a heartless S.O.B.

Wayne said...

YEA! YOUR RICH!..............
yea, right.

Steven said...

I went to Switzerland last year and met with one of the magistrates regarding the money I was about to donate. But then Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC did an expose on these e-mail schemes and there was that particular magistrate I met with on numerous occasions. He couldn't run very fast though when Chris Hansen identified himself. Thinking I had a sister is what hooked me. ;-)

A Bear in the Woods said...

I wonder...that would really make a great story line for a "christian" novel. They would eat that stuff up with a spoon and ask for more.