* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May Day Yard and Garden Tour

UPDATE (3:28pm PDT): Look here for some really cool pictures of the hail storm that passed through about an hour ago....check out the little Hawthorn tree blossoms in the hail stones.

I had originally planned on posting this yesterday...right on May Day 2007. But I discovered that YouTube only permits files up to a certain size...and this one is larger than that. So, this one is from blip.tv. It may take longer to load, be patient. I also can't figure out why the video stops every so often. Help! If you're struggling to see it, try this link: http://blip.tv/file/217087/
I wanted to take you on a little tour around our yard and garden. Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to listen to the May audio greeting on the left side too.




Yard and garden tour, May Day 2007

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy May Day to you, Lewis! Thanks for the tour of your very beautiful yard! You guys should be very proud of all the work you have done. It looks great! I know you must spend many happy hours just enjoying it. Have a wonderful May!

Steven said...

Looks great, Lewis! What I love are the punches of color, which I lack in my landscape. EVERYTHING is green. I think I will be thinning out the amount of yuccas and try to incorporate plants with color.

What are your hourly rates and are there any additional costs above and beyond the selection of lawn furniture, plant materials and the landscaping of the beds? ;-)

Jimmi said...

I love Peonies we used to have them in our back yard when I was growing up. I used to pick them and have them on our kitchen table. You have to make sure the ants are off of them because they are attracted to them.

Robert said...

Awh, thanks for that Lewis! What a lovely tour!! Nice house, too! I also hear a lot of birds squawking in the background! :-) Nice backyard... Great size!! And the herb garden... So who's the culinary chef in your household? :-)

Happy May indeedy!

tornwordo said...

Cool! Hailstorm! I haven't had one of those with big pellets like that in years.

Michael Guy said...

Lewis, that was a delightful garden tour. I adore your flowering dogwood! So pretty! Are dogwoods fragrant? "Thanks" for sharing your landscaping!

Anonymous said...

your gardens are looking great! you guys are at least 2-3 weeks ahead of us.

Wayne said...

Thanks for the tour! Those Tree Peonies are very slow growers. I'll post some of mine later, as we're a few weeks behind you weather wise.

Jack said...

Very nice Lewis!

The house looks cute.

I didn't know you loved gardening.

LSL said...

I loved this video, and I'm especially jealous of where you have your morning coffee each day. It looks very peaceful. And your yard is beautiful!

Christopher said...

I have Garden Envy!....loved the video...looks so homey!

Unknown said...

Happy May Day to you and the hubby! Now I hate our landscaping! Florida is so boring! And my backyard is not even finished... sigh...

Thanks for the tour and you should be proud of such a wonderful home!