* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shit-Canned in San Francisco....A Miracle!


A very twisted and strange turn of events left us stranded here in the Bay Area last night.....so, miraculously!, we were able to attend the Gay Blogger's Fest in San Francisco. Quite frankly, I was shit-canned (the phrase my hubby just now used on me). I'm bleary eyed, slept like crap, and stumbled along the streets on the way back to Bart. I can't remember if it was trying to formulate a sentence in the bathroom with one of the guys from Calgary or leaning on the railing trying to stand up that gave it away. I'm very rarely that (this?) way. I'm such a cheap drunk. Not easy, just cheap. We met an amazing group of guys last night....all so easy to talk with and, of course, all look hot and sexy (even under the the cloth of darkness in a gay bar). From Darin slapping asses at the front door (not mine, mind you....we don't do that back in Idaho....except to the sheep when they cross the fence), to BrettCajun looking all dapper in his dressed-up outfit, to Jeff Skybar wearing a tight A&F t-shirt, Dan in his slinky lycra, Moby kissing me on the lips (no complaints), finding out that Adam's arms are as big as I thought they were, watching Jimmi sip his Captain Morgan's and DC, meeting Kelly and Jeff (their first time in San Francisco!), saying hi to the whole group from Calgary -- it was all good times. So, when are you all coming to Portland? Here are the pics. I've done some airbrushing to protect the innocent.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lewis
This looks like so much fun! You are always in the middle of it all! Love that about you! Tony and Brett are right up the street, so at least I get to see some bloggers this week.

Steven said...

"...the innocent??!!"

That sounds like an oxymoron. Especially if they're in San Fran. :-)

It looks like you had a great time with everyone, despite how cheap they, er, the alcohol was. :-D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lewis hon... I think you may need to moderate your comments for a bit :)

Glad you had a blast! I hope you had a few for me while you were with the gang :-) (drinks, that is!)

Brettcajun said...

What a great pic! I was so scared that thing we were all standing on was going to collapse!

Dave2 said...

Hmmm... I had always thought that "shit-canned" meant "fired." I read the title of this post and was all ready to get sympathetic because I thought you lost your job!

Wayne said...

Looks like a great time! I so jealous!

Unknown said...

Oh my... I wish I was there to partake! Lewis... you always have such great looking men around you! Glad you had a good time. You go girl!

Darin said...

ME? Slappin' asses???

WHA???

Oh yea....I did do that...didn't I?

Great to meet you the other nite!!!!

bardelf said...

St. Lewis said: "I'm such a cheap drunk. Not easy, just cheap."

You? No way! I can't believe it!
;)

Drinks loads of water and take life slow and easy today. Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Red Seven said...

Airbrushing? I'm with Steve; they couldn't have been that innocent! Speaking of which, what did that deleted comment say? C'mon, give us a hint ...

Anonymous said...

Hey Lewis! Wow, it sounds fun! Wish I'd have been there!

Miss you!

C

Michael Guy said...

My life is as exacting as a garden gnome.

Looks like a flippin' blast! But I, too, thought "shit-canned" meant "fired" from one's place of employment.

'Shit-faced' or just 'faced' are terms I've heard re: incoherent drunk/stumble fuck state. Glad you had a good time, Lewis!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so happy for...wait a minute...you kissed Moby? Slut! ;)

Ur-spo said...

what a motley looking bunch
thank you for the photo, for those of us who could not be there!
looks like fun.

S said...

Even though you were at a bar, y'all looked pretty sauced in those pics. LOL.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Billy said...

'Looks like you had a blast', he says, turning a light shade of green.

D-Man said...

Oh I would give ANYTHING to see you shit-canned. Believe it or not, I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure!

Anonymous said...

just on word trash!!!

Sh@ney said...

Lucky Buggers!! Looks like a blast!
I wish it wasn't so difficult to jet around & meet all the bloggers I have come to love & admire...I'm Jelous too!

Doug said...

I'm jealous, but happy that you got to attend. Looks like a great time!

Jimmi said...

LOVED the pictures! It was so good to see you this weekend! Now you have to let me know your next trip here in Phoenix. Darin and I will meet you for lunch/dinner/drinks or coffee!

buff said...

WOW, you made it big time, Lewis.

Gay Bloggers are some of the hottest studs out there. WOOF.

Thanks for sharing.

ANd thanks for your recent post at my blog. Yea, I do think that groping gives it away. That left hand garbage doesn't even make a dent. So grope away. And leave one arm free for a hairy muscle hug. A double whammy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for article!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read articles like this. Thanks to author!

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!