* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's Got to be the Morning After


My eyes itch, they're hardly completely open, and I've just put on another pot of coffee. That feeling of being up past my normal bedtime, blood alcohol content higher than when the festivities started, and a decent amount of smoke and haze from Chinese-made fireworks in my eyes and lungs. (Be back in a minute...the coffee is done....and I need it bad!)


Hot dogs, turkey dogs, hamburgers, steak, garden burgers, pork tenderloin, sesame noodle salad, garbanzo bean salad, fresh tomatoes with mozzarella, pasta salad, homemade baked beans, English trifle, chips and salsa....it's no wonder things are a little iffy inside today. Man, it was good. Delicious. Our neighbors came over, and a few more good friends. You can see all of the pics here.

And, now, the aftermath. I've got lawn chairs to wash down (oops, Rolling Rock), noodles to scrape off of the table outside, and a dirty street full of spent fireworks to sweep up. I'm thinking about traipsing out to the nude beach today for a little quiet time. And another good friend wants to have a beer with us tonight after he's off work. The party continues. Oh, and hey, by the way....it is, like, really THAT wrong to have warm apple pie and cold French (hi there Nik) vanilla ice cream for breakfast? I hope not.




Isn't the morning after something else? (I hope they left the $$$ in payment on the bedstand before they left.)




I've arranged to work another trip to Orlando next week and looks like some of the awesome guys in Orlando will be able to join us for dinner once again. If you're in the area, let us know....we'd love company for dinner on Friday, 13 July.....and this weekend will find me in Anchorage and Kodiak, Alaska....actually really looking forward to that. .








14 comments:

Pat said...

If warm apple pie and cold ice cream for breakfast is wrong, I don't wanna be right. But you should try warm blueberry crisp too. :)

It's almost as good as pizza. Heretical, I know.

Sorted Lives said...

Sounds like a wild time! Glad you had fun. Can't wait to see you Friday! I am so psyched!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! I've been eating like crazy the last 3 days! Time for me to stop! I wish I had your body. I mean, your metabolism. :)

Steven said...

Looks like you guys had a great time before and after the sun went down. And I thought my neighbor has been loud with his fireworks. Looks like yours were quite large (and probably loud). We were able to catch the fireworks and performance by the municipal band, but when I got home Dexter was cowering under the furniture. I turned the AC on and closed the windows to help quell the noise from the neighborhood firecrackers.

daveincleveland said...

sounds like the breakfast of champions to me.........just found your blog and its great......looks like the 4th was great, and yeah, the morning after should freekin be outlawed and next year will be a mandatory vacation day for me

Doug said...

Ah, the delicious aftermath! Gotta love it!

Apple pie and ice cream sounds like the perfect breakfast.

buff said...

Now I know, Lewis, what you were referring to in your post on my recent blog entry. You sly stud. WOOOF.

And yes, maybe a bunch of us could make a combined order somewhere to get the same slogan, "naturally gay" printed on some jock straps, across the front or rear of the waistband. That woould be so sexy.

Anonymous said...

Great photos :) A lot of them make me say "awww..."

bardelf said...

As always, your festivities sound fun!

I spent the 4th flying back up to Newfoundland to spend the summer with my sweetie. I saw my first iceberg upon arrival. Now after 3 days of non-stop sex, the poor berg is about melted away. LOL

Anonymous said...

Camping sounds so good, I love that little video of you on the side, how did I miss that last time

Unknown said...

Now I want apple pie! Sounds and looks like you all had fun! I don't know which was cuter... the kid, the dog or your husband!

As usual hubby and I worked all day! but we got twice the pay so for us it was worth it. I only heard a few fireworks from nextdoor but it was raining most of the night so we did not have the noise we normally have each year.

Looking forward to dinner next week! Trying to bring the hubby with me! Hugs... C

Ur-spo said...

I have kin in Alaska; lots to do there! lwhat a lucky bum to be going to Alaska!

Billy said...

Loverly pics!

Warm apple pie and ice cream is a breakfast of champions, btw!

Nik-in-Paris said...

Hi there Lewis! Thanks for the mention :)

I am sending you a little voice message...

Nik x