* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Me and Will Young Bein' Naughty

Do you remember Barbara Mandrell singing about leaving crumbs in my bed anytime? Well, Will Young did that for me last night. I listened to Will's Evergreen and Come on Baby, Light My Fire as I glided along above the clouds on my way home last night from a day of training. I seldom get the opportunity to actually play passenger on a flight anymore. And I always enjoy it when I do. The sun had just set and the clouds were an unbelievable shade of black, blue, and gray -- kind of like a suicide (remember when you used to mix Coke and Sprite and orange soda all together??). And the sky above the layer of clouds was it's traditional fuchsia-orange-red mix ("fuchsia"? God, I sound gay). Oh, and did I mention the sliver of a moon coming up? Amazing evening. But it gets better.....

So, when I got home, the place was quiet. I had the evening and house to myself. And I don't even want to tell you that I drug a bag of these upstairs to bed with me. And shoved them in my mouth with every bit of obligatory "I'm all alone and going to damned well eat what I want when i want" shoveling. It's kind of fun. And when I peeled my eyes open and scraped out the morning crusties from them, there was the bag of chips. Ever so much of a reminder of last evening's naughty activities.

16 comments:

Steve said...

Hey, alone time is the best! Glad you enjoyed; crusties and all :P

Sorted Lives said...

..and just EXACTLY where was the husband? If he wasn't with you, and I know he wasn't with me, please tell me he wasn't with Maryellen consoling her with the big tomato juice fiasco. I'm just sayin'.

Unknown said...

I love alone time...and am getting some here at the beach, even with friends, we have time to sit and listen to the ocean... i even recorded and posted for the moment on my blog... hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Lewis, I love my time alone...I guess that is why I am not partnered! You are the best, and I am glad we met. Let me hear from you!

Jim said...

I love that cutie Will Young. I always pick up his newest CD when I pass through Heathrow (which tells you that I must pass through Heathrow an=bout once every two years).

I think it's time for a post about boy singers you love.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you epitome of decadence! :)

tornwordo said...

Every time I succumb to the chip bag, I wake up all puffy the next day.

Unknown said...

Ata girl...

Wiener Wrangler said...

Coke and Sprite and orange soda?

Anyway, I love alone time.
This summer my boyfriend asked me where I wanted to take a summer vacation.
I told him "You aggrivate me all year long at home. Why would I pay to have you agrrivate me in a remote location?"
"It is not a vacation unless I go alone."
Romantic, eh?

K-A said...

Coke and Sprite and orange soda all together? Bleh!

You better clean out those crumbs before you know who get's into bed!

Blair said...

I should stay home more often.....

TJ said...

Alone time is good time. We all need it every so often. Eating an entire bag of crisps maybe not so often but what the hell.

Anonymous said...

Snug and warm in bed with a good book and a bag of oreo cookies and some ice cold milk while the wind rages outside ... bliss.

Dave2 said...

Oh sure... YOU have the big night of naughty fun with your chips, then Blair has to come home and sleep on the crumbs! Justice... wherefore art thou? :-)

Sh@ney said...

LOL...And how often do you indulge in these undisciplinary evenings...Way too much I hope...:P

dpaste said...

Coke and Sprite and orange soda? Nope, can't say I ever did that.

Most of my time is alone time, and even then I police myself, so not much of a relief for me.