* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Kwanzaa Day 6 "Creativity"



Kuumba (koo-OOM-bah) is the sixth day of Kwanzaa, and it means "creativity". On this day, we pledge several things. We pledge to do whatever we can to make our communities and homes more beautiful and better than we found them. We also pledge to use our creative talents and energies to improve young minds and hearts. And you'll find one of the hottest guys on the East Coast doing parallel posts on Kwanzaa...check out Idle Eyes here.

I wish you all the very best last day of 2007 ever. Don't let the sun set on any bad thoughts, bad habits, bad attitudes, or bad vibes tonight. Put them to rest, permanently. Let's all try and start this new year out fresh -- with some sort of good energy, happy hearts and spirits, and heading in a positive direction.


Happy New Year !!


6 comments:

Tony (LT) said...

I really knew nothing about Kwanzaa before reading these posts. I really like the ideas and the principles behind it.

Laurie said...

Creativity...I like that. Hey,
when's that underwear gonna get
there? Ya gonna take some pics?
Loves ya!
XOXOXO!

Steve said...

Happy New Year!

Boy About Town said...

Hey Lewis! Although I just read your blog for the first time yesterday I wanted to let you know that I saw Little Miss Sunshine in your movie fav's and made it our pick for last night! My main Squeeze had seen it already and took joy in telling me "oh this scene is so funny" or "this is where the grandfather dies"! I hate that! Anyway thanks the vist and your blog makes me want to throw a kwanzaa party! Mainly because I have this head scarf I have been looking for a reason to wear!

Java said...

By "happy hearts and spirits" do you mean champagne? 'Cause that's exactly what I plan to imbibe. Gives me an awful headache, but I love the stuff.

Geoff said...

Happy New Year Lewis! Hope 2008 brings you the very best in everything!