* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, December 31, 2007

Kwanzaa Day 7 "Faith" -- HAPPY NEW YEAR






Imani (ee-MAH-nee) is the seventh and last day of Kwanzaa. Imani means faith. On this day, the beginning of the new year we pledge to believe with all our hearts and minds in our people, our parents, our good and dedicated teachers and leaders, and in the greater good of the work we do with and for one another, for the community and for the people. Check out IEAAD for his final day of Kwanzaa post.

We spent our New Year's Eve at this yummy restaurant followed by a cold walk along the Willamette River in downtown Portland. It's clear and cold. The stars were out. The bridges all decorated in lights. We took a fantastic walk around downtown, past Pioneer Place to take one last glimpse at "Portland's Living Room" and it's Christmas tree. I wish you all a 2008 filled with all that we've learned about Kwanzaa this week: Unity, Self Determination, Collective Work and Responsibility, Cooperative Economics, Purpose, Creativity, and Faith. It's a tall order, folks. My best to you. Today and always.

10 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

Lewis- A Very Happy New Year to you!


-Rick

Steven said...

A happy and prosperous 2008 to you Lewis! All my best!

Laurie said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2008 be the
best it can be for you and your
hubby.
XOXOXOXOXO!

Wayne said...

And a Happy New Year for you both also!

Nathan Garvison said...

YAY for the new year. It sounds like it was romantic. Man i tried to get drunk, but got sick. LOL. I hope everything comes to you this new year.

Robert said...

Happy NY and good fortune and best of health to you Lewis, and your man, and your family and friends!! I can't say enough! :-)

Hope you get to write more in 2008 and with many new and awesome adventures come your way! Say, is that a picture of you? I can't tell... is that a shawl? ahaha, j/k! You always look so smashin'!!

Christopher said...

Happy New Year to you & B, my friend...when you coming to LA again? I think you owe me a drink or three!

xoxo

kenny said...

Happy new year lewis!

WAT said...

HAPPEE HAPPEE NEW YEAR!

Why am I up so late? EEK!

Doug said...

Happy New Year and Happy Kwanzaa and Happy happy happy...you get the idea.

I hope 2008 brings good things for us all. *hugs*