* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, June 09, 2008

Stand Tall With PRIDE



My friend Kelly over at Rambling Along in Life has put forth his annual Pride Challenge.....this is a picture that he has taken and has posted on his site. He's asking for it to be spread as far and wide (keep it clean here, folks) as possible by others posting this photo and telling their coming out story. So, for today, I'll post this pic -- and in the coming weeks I promise to have my story up for the masses to laugh and giggle at -- I can't believe that I haven't shared it yet. I know you all thought that I have always been this way -- but there was a day, a lot of days, when this gay boy was awfully closeted and doing my best to be a straight-laced little church boy in Idaho. I met Kelly and his partner a year ago next week at Pride in San Francisco. What fantastic, grab-life-by-the-horns sort of guys they are. So, cheers to all of you during this month of celebration. Keep your heads held high, smiles on your face, and be proud of the man or woman you're on the road to becoming. I swear, the gays definitely celebrate and have fun far more than our straight bretheren and sisteren (English majors, leave me alone), don't we???

16 comments:

Ur-spo said...

we do indeed.
and with much more taste and flair and fabulous.
between that and 'certain acts', it is jolly good fun to be a 3 dollar bill, no?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post and the kind words... when will we meet again??? We don't have travel plans this year... but when we do... we wll see... have a great pride month!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, stumbled upon your blog through Blogography and just had to comment. As I marched in our local Pride parade on Saturday with my 16 y/o gay daughter I was struck by this thought, 'What's not to love about gays, look how colorful everyone is!' I'm glad I get to step into your world from time to time, it lifts the grey!

Anonymous said...

I second ur-spo; y'all sure do!

(this coming from a str8 50+ y.o. woman with plenty of gay friends.)

there are many of us who love you just the way you are, and wouldn't have it any other way.

and HISSSSS to all the nay-sayers and haters!

PS - nice pix; makes me feel happy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait for this story, he he!! :) True, we do have more fun....

Un saludo,
Gregorio

Anonymous said...

I love this line Lewis... "Keep your heads held high, smiles on your face, and be proud of the man or woman you're on the road to becoming." YES! That is a beautiful way to celebrate Pride season!
I wonder if I can distill my coming out story? Hmm... :)

Dave2 said...

Okay! I posted mine last night! If only to prove that your straight brethren can have fun too...

dit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dit said...

I agree. Gays often have more of a live and let live mentality. Now, we can can be judgmental and make you cry. lol But, most often if others start it. Ok, all kidding aside, be proud my friends. Oh and get naked as often as possible. That is a very nice photo and a great reminder post Lewis. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

And here I thought that rainbow mobile pictured above your crib was an ominous sign of what was to come. ;-) Looking forward to the story.

Queers United said...

what a cool looking flag, hooray for pride
http://www.queersunited.blogspot.com

Will said...

Thanks for posting kelly's photo and invitation--I'll take it up and post my story.

Thanks, Lewis!
Big warm hugs--
Will

RAD said...

Happy PRIDE! I missed last years event in SFO with the bloggers....I will make sure to post about my come out on my blog--what a great idea!

Mark in DE said...

Looking forward to your coming out story in the near future!

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

Anonymous said...

hey, brother......love the flag! the colors are technicolor amazing. yes, folks, this is what my oldest brother looked like as a young pup. he was adorable then, and remains so to this day. he has been a lifeline for me through the years, and i am proud as only a little sister can be. kudos for the "forward progress" blurb...just what i've been concentrating on lately. love you!