* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Sunday, July 20, 2008

We're In

We're in, folks. It's been one heck of a run here. Swamped with all of the typical things that moving brings. And Ikea has become our best friend -- well, plus the gift cards and coupons helped out. And the good Swedish coffee (did it ever occur to anyone that coffee isn't grown in Sweden??). So, I asked you how many boxes you thought it was going to take us to get all of our crap moved in. The answers ranged from 15-256. And of course there had to be the silly ones who just had to be creative -- Iron Fist guessed 69 (shameful, he is) and The Neighbors Will Hear just couldn't decide and guessed 38 3/4 which I'm still trying to figure out. The answer was 45 give or take a few. And these smarty pants bloggers came the closest: Dave2 at Blogography (42); DIT21 (47); and TJ at Being Normal (42). The place is beautiful. We've had furniture delivered, a new LG washer and dryer, waiting for curtains for the bedroom (until then we're gazing out on a full moon at night). And work is going to occupy six days a week starting tomorrow. I hope the little pooch will be okay in the new digs without us so soon after moving in. Our patio is nifty, facing East.....and we're going to enjoy our garden burgers out there this evening with cheddar cheese, avocado, romaine, and BBQ sauce. I think I'm going to toss some ears of corn on the grill too. But first, I'm on my way now to make blended, slushy cold gin and tonics. I'm missing out on all of your blogging right now but promise to be back later in the week. This is where I'd like to be polite and say "Come and visit us," but I won't. Because, first, I'm going to have to find a place for you to put down your sleeping bag.

26 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

So glad everything went well. Can't wait to see you next month!

S said...

Congrats on the move in.

I'm happy it wasn't me - I've moved way too many times.

LSL said...

Big, huge congrats to you guys! Moving is exhausting. I wish I was there to bring dinner or a drink or just good wishes for your new home.

Lemuel said...

Sounds like all in all the move went well.

You do know, of course, that moving without running into multiple major snags is illegal! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was way off!! :) Awesome!!

Grego

Java said...

Congratulations! My box estimate was way low, about half of what you had there. Are they all unpacked now? :)
Are you going to be able to find you way home when you return from work? Home is in a different place now.
Hope you two (three, counting the pooch) enjoy the new place.

Iron Fist said...

Nah, don't bother clearing off a spot on the floor! It's warm enough that I can sleep outside!

Jim said...

"blended, slushy cold gin and tonics" ? Oh DO tell more on that idea!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Ugh! How mean! You talk about great food, nice garden, drinks and then say "stay away"? (Sniff) :(
Haha, just kidding, enjoy the new place!

Brettcajun said...

Every move is stressful. I decided to stay put until the rest of my life. If I shall move to big city, I'll keep my place in the country so I don't have to move again.

Anonymous said...

Only 45 boxes? WOW! Impressive! :)
Glad you all made it in successfully!
The corn on the grill and blended gin & tonics sound heavenly!
Many good wishes to you and your's during this busy time of settling in!

dit said...

First, I am so happy to hear the move went well. Your patio sounds very nice! Take it all in and enjoy it.

Second, it was a lucky guess.

RAD said...

Yippee! So very happy for you guys! Slushy cocktails sounds splendid! Dont work too hard this week k..

Anonymous said...

Glad that you're all in and that everything that you packed has been found, accounted for and put in its appropriate place. If there's room inside, I could always sleep on the patio. I've been used to that.

Nathan said...

I'm so glad you're in! I thought of you guys several times over the weekend, wondering how it was going.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! One of these days I'll have to make it north and visit you boys!

TJ said...

Yeah I was close! I'm glad you're all moved in and hopefully you will be able to soon settle and with that settling will come that sense of the new place going from a a new house to a warm and inviting home. You're half the way there as the two of you are in, now just put your love into the place. Enjoy!

Ur-spo said...

just remember to take some breaks and get some sleep/food and for goodness sakes don't duke it out.
ah the joys of moving...

Wayne said...

Can't wait to see pics of the place when your all settled!

Mark in DE said...

Congrats on the successful move!

Mark :-)

Greg said...

Son when are you inviting all of us to your housewarming??

Rick said...

I know your glad the move is over. Now is time to kick back and decorate. I meant relax.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! I wish you the very best and continued happiness in your new place!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tony said...

i hate moving. But the G&T's sound good!

http://ionlyflyfirst.blogspot.com/2007/12/its-official.html

Keith said...

Congratulations! I'm late to the party, as usual, but hope you're getting well settled in by now.