* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Friday, August 29, 2008

Incest Is Best



Why in the world would Grandaddy Johnny pick his very pretty Granddaughter soccer mom-turned governor to be his running mate? Oh, I know.....she's a conservative and all of that. But that glaring lack of any national or foreign policy experience seems to be a serious liability, rather than an asset, to the ticket. She could seriously be his daughter or even granddaughter. Just look at them. It's the strangest faces you've ever seen together on any ticket, let alone a GOP ticket. Ever. The old and the young. Sort of like an AARP commercial recruiting new members. Or his mistress. But she does bring Jesus to the ticket. And guns. And that's a huge player in this nation of nonthinking, nonanalytical Christians who could care less about the long-term effects of such a choice in this terrorism-filled world. "It's okay, Jesus will help her....," I can just hear it now. We've got a nation filled with white bread families -- one daddy, one mommy, and 2.5 little cute children plus a nice mini van -- who will vote for her. Absentminded. No ability to process right from wrong. And no sense to actually stand up for themselves and speak out. They'll follow the encouragement of their pastors and other good Christian figures .... right off of a cliff if they must (remember Jonestown??). But they will never have the ability to step forth and say, "No, I won't support her." She just doesn't have what it takes to actually be President of this country were something to happen to McCain. It's not pretty, folks. It's damned scary, quite frankly, that's all they could come up with. But, realistically speaking, you watch, you wait, you'll see....I'm afraid we're in for a very long, sad and scary next two months. And hate me if you must, but as much energy and excitement as I am feeling for the Obama-Biden ticket, I have this (continued) sinking feeling for the people of this nation and their ability to make well-balanced, right, proper, responsible decisions.

13 comments:

Lemuel said...

Unfortuantely, Lewis, I agree with you 100%!!! This has the smell of Rove. As you point out radical religonists, gun-toters - not to mention hormone driven hets who after, at the gun glub will have the picture of the veep on the wall as a pinup.

I've got that sinking feeling too.

Nathan said...

The embarrassing choice that was made today only amplifies my believe that Barack Obama is our next President :)

Laurie said...

Gun shooting and PMS don't go
together.
Well, unless you're a woman.

I know they won't get my vote.

The hubby and I are already in a
deep argument about this election.

RAD said...

Ditto! This is upsetting...Hope the holiday weekend is going well!

Dave2 said...

She'll get the MILF-lovers vote, that's for sure.

Stacey said...

Very concerning. I was really hoping McCain would choose someone who doesn't have a history of being rabidly anti-choice. *sigh*

Hopefully people will make a smart choice and we won't have to deal with either McC or Palin after November. ugh.

Stacey said...

And another thing - McCain thinks Hillary supporters are so dumb that they will now support HIM just because he has a WOMAN on his ticket.

No sir, I do have a brain, and I think Ms. Anti-Choice, Pro-drilling, Oilwoman gives me plenty of reasons to vote Obama, even if I weren't already planning to do so.

/rant (for now)

Doug said...

It's that last part that scares me most. There seems to be a scarcity of well-balanced, responsible people in this country, and a plethora of gun-toting, right-wing, self-righteous radicals who might make a singularly disastrous decision.

Dr. Kim said...

Thanks for this Lewis. I don't feel so alone in feeling shocked and incredulous that a career politician like McCain would stoop so low to win an election. And I feel a twinge of fear that somehow people will actually get excted about her because she's so "different".

Maybe she's so right wing extreme, she's actually turn off some of the moderates who thought that McCain actually was a maverick.

Anonymous said...

It did feel a little "creepy" when he paraded her out as is running mate. I thought maybe he was trying to hook those who may have wanted Hillary by picking a woman... any woman. Who knows though. Heaven help us!

Ur-spo said...

I still think she looks like a trophy wife.
My relatives in Alaska tell me she is a loser and being investigated for ethics violations anyway.

WAT said...

She happens to be pretty. And her son is a hottie. But WHO THA HELL IS SHE AGAIN?!

LOL!

Anonymous said...

If Obama was the one with the unwed, pregnant, seventeen year old daughter, the Republicans would be all over him. But now since it's the party that preaches family values, abstinence and marriage that's been caught, they say to back off.