* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, August 04, 2008

Tortellini With Walnuts and Spinach


Again, kids, no science to this fantastic meal. It's easy, light, and goes very well with chilled Trader Joe's Villa Sonia Pinot Grigio Piave. A glass during cooking and refill during dinner will leave you in pretty good shape.
Boil one package of your favorite pasta -- I used a fresh tortellini pasta from Trader Joe's with pesto filling. Drain and return to pot while hot. While the pasta is boiling, chop the following: Small amount of minced onion, chopped fresh tomato, fresh parsley, walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes. Add a handful of fresh spinach, spoonful of butter or margarine, heaping tablespoon full of fresh chopped garlic, and good dose of olive oil. Stir with rubber spatula to avoid damaging the tortellini. Top with your favorite shaved cheese. Serve alongside a dolled-up garden salad filled with every vegetable you can find. You'll have the world's best meal ever. Easy!
P.S. -- Don't ever tell anyone that I don't share old family secret recipes with you.
P.S.S. -- You may want to finish up your evening with good quality vanilla bean ice cream topped with fresh Oregon blackberries. It's not so bad.

13 comments:

Laurie said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM! I'm so gonna try
that one.It does look dee-lish!
It's something that the boy will
eat too.


HUGS!!!!!

Rick Rockhill said...

mmmm I love tortellini. you made me drool today Lewis

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I am printing that one out to cook up for the fam! I love all those ingredients! Thanks for sharing your cooking secrets! :)
PS- love the wine suggestions!

daveincleveland said...

ok handsome man..you need to send me your whole cook book as i have this wonderfully sexy guy to cook for and am loving every freekin minute of this.....gonna try this tomarow night

Tony said...

Is this 'Martha comes to Portland?' :p It looks yummy, though :-)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Yeeeeuuummmm! This looks great Lewis. I will try to get the bf to make this for me, he has the magic hands when it comes to cooking!

Wayne said...

Looks and sounds great! Will give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Definitely sounds like a delectible meal and simple to make at that. I am hungry now. Thanks for sharing!

Ur-spo said...

i would kill for that desert!

Greg said...

That sounds great, 'specially the blackberries at teh end!!

Mark in DE said...

Indeed, that sounds like a tasty, fresh meal. Dontcha just love Trader Joe's? I miss that place. I hear they're going to build one near me, and it can't get here soon enough.

Mark :-)

WAT said...

Add this to our meal okay? The one I'll be having when I visit you and hubby in Portland someday...

Rick said...

Aren't you all that. I can see what I'm missing by not having a better half. Looks and sounds wonderful.