* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Friday, September 12, 2008

How Green I Am!


Oh yeah, I'm green. Quite green. It's my favorite color, by the way. And I do remember Green Eggs and Ham, after all. Does that count? I was talking with a coworker a while back and we compiled the beginnings of a whole new way of thinking green. Definitely not typical nor standard by any stretch of thinking. But, hey, we're supposed to be thinking outside the four walls....right? So, join me in adding to this list:

1. No kids....think of everything I'm saving from gas to food to electricity to brain cells to bail money.

2. Skip using cups.....go for the HANDS...that's what they're there for.

3. Nix the deodorant...it's bad for you anyway....and who cares if you stink. We all think you do anyway!

4. Screw the toothpaste -- Think of all of those toothpaste containers in the landfills.

5. Who needs clothes? Way too much energy put into manufacturing them, washing and ironing them. And naked is so much better anyway.

6. T.P. -- This is pretty edgy, but maybe just hit the shower reeeaaallly quickly after your morning visit to the throne.....no T.P. necessary that way.

7. Shower with a friend -- Anybody else remember those coffee mugs and t-shirts years ago that said "Conserve Water, Shower with a Friend"? A super great idea!

8. No condoms. They can't be good for our sewer systems or landfills. But, then again, that would lead us right back to #1, wouldn't it?

Anybody else with some hot new ideas? And, by the way, don't ever accuse me of not being innovative.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The answer for #6 and also #7 would be powdered milk only and a feather duster!

Anonymous said...

Very clever! Why not take "green" to a whole new place!! ;) I remember "green eggs and ham" also! I made it once... kinda icky...

How about, skip the stove and cook all food over an open fire?

Nathan said...

I don't think I knew green was your favorite color. It's mine too!

Well, that's certainly an interesting take on being "green" :)

Lemuel said...

If we all moved to a place with a moderate climate, say... Portland, we would not need houses or at worst we could live in bio-degradable cloth tents.

Better yet we could all move in with you! :-D

Mark in DE said...

You are just too clever! Thanks for the chuckle.

Mark :-)

Breenlantern said...

im glad you think being naked and showering together is a good idea...see you in a few weeks *smirk*

TJ said...

All very interesting but I think I would have to keep the condoms since the rates of HIV continue to grow. I hate to be a Debby Downer but it's better than the alternative which is no sex at all and green or not I'm not giving up sex. The landfills will just have to manage!. The rest of the ideas seem to be all very doable

Anonymous said...

Since when would two men skipping the condom lead to kids???!!! ;-)

9. Discontinue cutting down trees to make paper for newspaper and magazines. Convert these newspapers and magazines to strictly online resources.

Tony (LT) said...

Think of all those dumps and landfills loaded with empty lube bottles and tubes.

Go green with good old fashioned spit!

RAD said...

I dont where deordants unless Im going to the gym...its bad for you! Nice undies BTW--can you pose in them on your next post please?

Ur-spo said...

very good ideas
may I add; all containers in glass and obligaory recycling / deposits for them.

buffnbeefy said...

Saving water by grabbing a shower buddy is the best way to go green.

Of course, a lime green jock strap can do wonders too.

WOOOF

Thanks again for commenting on my latest blog post.

Mega hairy muscle hugs wishing you all the best.

Tony said...

Certainly creative!

Steve said...

*yikes* ... you would waste WATER to save a TREE? ;) lol

Steve said...

*yikes* ... you would waste WATER to save a TREE? ;) lol