* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

She's Resting Peacefully

I ran across the story of this perverted Christian man in Arkansas. The story is about him abusing young girls. But the subtext is in paragraph 2...take a look where he kept his wife's body on display for six months claiming that she was going to be resurrected. Just like Jesus.

It reminds me of years ago in my very own nutty family when my grandmother's sister was not well. My grandmother would go over to see her sister and husband every few days. They lived in the countryside near Ontario, Oregon (that could explain part of what I'm going to tell you...sorry Chris!). One day, grandma went to their door and knocked. He let my grandmother in and she asked how her sister was doing. "Oh, she's resting peacefully," he said. "I'll just go and say hi to her," my grandmother said. "Now, Evelyn, I don't want you to be surprised," he said. "She's just resting peacefully....," he said to grandma. Grandma made her way down the hallway and into the bedroom where she found her sister dead and still in the bed. "She's dead!," grandma exclaimed. "Yes, she is....but she'll be back, god will bring her back," her husband believed.

It's now 2008. In the craziest of times. But in spite of how crazy we think things are today, they've always been that way in some sort of screwed up way. Oh, and by the way, she still hasn't come back to life yet. But I do think they eventually called the funeral home to come and get her. Or at least I hope they did. Eeew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! People never cease to amaze. When you think you've heard it all along comes another fascinating tale. Sometimes uplifting and sometimes, not so much, but always fascinating.

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize to me. I already knew that most people in that area are strange... or worthless or crazy!