* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, December 23, 2006

However You Say It, I Hope For It


I don't care how you say it, what language or sentiment is behind it, I wish for it. Hope for it. I hope you'll join me in spreading it. My thanks to you and amazingly great wishes to you for a great holiday. Thanks for being my blogger buddies! Peace.

Pax (Spanish) Shantih (Hindi) Shalom (Hebrew) Mir (Russian)
Paix (French) Vrede (Dutch) Frieden (German)
Heiwa (Japanese) Pace (Italian) Irini (Greek) Paz (Portuguese)
Su Thai Binh (Vietnamese) Hetep (Egyptian) Hau (Tahitian)
Fred (Swedish and Norwegian) Sidi (Tibetan) Salaam (Arabic)


Let justice join with peace
Redeeming the whole wide earth
All humankind stands up
Affirming their rightful worth
So raise each voice, let the world rejoice
When each soul is whole and free
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me
(New words by Ed Segel)

11 comments:

Matt said...

What a wonderful post and sentiment. I may borrow our translations for my own post as I'm being lazy lately. :)

Merry Christmas, Lewis.

Matt said...

(Oops) I meant YOUR translations!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post - and here is wishing you both the most beautiful holiday season that you can imagine!

Will said...

Lovely sentiment, Lewis--if only Bozo and his gang in D.C. would read it and take it to heart.

Hugs to you both from Boston for a lovely holiday season.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night

one3y3 said...

Wishing you and yours peace and joy.

Greg said...

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year!

T-Bird said...

Here is a nice Christmas message (is a gospel number by Aretha Franklin and Mavis Staples) that has a message that is *very* dear to my heart. It is titled "Be Grateful". It is what I am personally feeling as I enter the day of the Lord this year. 2006. However, I think the message is universal, and is good advice for all people to remember: 24/7 and 365.

http://www.filelodge.com/files/1565/Be%20Grateful.mp3

Ryan said...

merry christmas friend!

Unknown said...

Merry Holidays!!!

Tony said...

Hope you had the merriest of Christmas'! I sure did.