* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Aftermath

Whew. I'm tired. Worn out from celebrating and having an unbelievable time this week. I finished six long days of work (16 flights) on Monday afternoon just in time to race home where my wonderful hubby had a spotless house, incense burning, and a gift bag full of goodies for my birthday. A bottle of Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling, a Target gift card, and a beautiful glass candle holder. We went to dinner at Savoy with my brother-in-law, Bert and Alan....But not before we had a nice bottle of red wine at Alan's house. Ate some great food and returned to Alan's house for coffee, cake, and the customary "Happy Birthday" singing which ended up in this video. Keeping with a "cruising" and "sailor" theme, A gave me Russell Crowe's movie Master and Commander along with, you won't believe this, an official U.S. Navy uniform shirt. My mom had sent me Josh Groban's "With You" CD which is going to be opened and enjoyed this afternoon. Thank you for birthday phone calls to: my hubby, mom, Aunt Ruth, Sorted Lives, and friends Alex and Bert. Thanks for text messages goes to: Darin, David, One 3y3 Open, Secrets of the Red Seven, D-Tour, Days of Our Sorted Lives, Actorschmactor, Nathan Exposed (got an e-card from Nathan too!), and Matterday's cousin Jo. Nik-in-Paris sent me a really cool pic of the Eiffel Tower which made my day complete. Along with all of that, I received numerous comments from many others to help round out the party. You'll see the birthday pics here. You guys and girls rock! I don't think a guy could have had a better birthday.

After a pretty late night after a long day, I flew to Los Angeles to meet up with a new buddy of mine, Izzy. He was in LA on a layover and I decided to spend it with him. He treated me like royalty and bought me a yummy gin and tonic, appetizers, cookies, and a great dinner. We enjoyed a beautiful walk in the sunshine and breeze around Manhattan Beach, listened to some awesome Israeli music, and had a hot cup of tea. We are going with he and his partner on their next cruise. We're stoked to have found these new friends (god knows we can use any friends that will stick by us!). So, many many thanks to Izzy for his hospitality and friendship. Pics from Manhattan Beach are here.

15 comments:

one3y3 said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Glad it turned out that way for ya :-)

Christopher said...

Happy Belated B-day..sorry I just found out it was your b-day....I'll make it up to you next year!

Sorted Lives said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday. It was great chatting with you Monday. Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Jack said...

Glad to see that in all that busy schedule you had time to have fun.

I'm happy for you.

LSL said...

This is a great video, and love the pictures, too. So glad you had a nice time.

Tony said...

Happy belated birthday Lewis. Sorry this comes late. Not doing to good these days and I'm not getting chances to comment as much. Even a struggle to post. Cheers and hugs!

Trailhead said...

That cake. Holy cow, that cake.

Hungry now.

Minge said...

Glad you had a great birthday.

Wayne said...

Great post sounded like fun. And loved the video!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday mr, wish I wasn't so late, it's been a crazy week, about to go look at your birthday pictures.

Anonymous said...

that was so cool, you blow well!

Greg said...

Happy belated birthday! What...no strippers? What kind of party was that? ;-)

Nathan said...

I'm so glad you're surrounded by all that love :) I also think it's cool that you post videos and pics to share your experiences with all of us. I'm happy you had a great birthday and a good visit with Izzy.

Kevin said...

Glad you had such a great day, but then you're a great guy -- you deserve it.

Sh@ney said...

A belated BIRTHDAY SMOOCH from me...Many Happy Returns Babe.
You have had a great time by the sounds & good friends & family always make it seem extra special. And well we cannot forget the most important 2 people. The Birthday Boy & the Hubby!...hugs TC...xoxo