* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Friday, February 23, 2007

You Won't Believe Everything I've Got to Say Today

A fantastic afternoon here in Portland. Late winter days turn me on....I love the daffodils and tulips pushing their way out of the cold, dark ground...The flowering cherry trees bursting into their pink shades against the black trunks of their trees....And the sky....it keeps on changing, black, blue, white clouds, rain, sunshine.

Hubby and I went to Target this morning and I attacked him as any proper self-serving perverted husband would do. We entered the elevator and pressed "1" to go to the first floor (yes, we have multi-level Target stores). The door closed and I pressed him up against the elevator wall, lifted up his shirt, and ran my hands up underneath to cop a feel. Well, he jumped a little, giggled like a school girl, and then the bells and whistles started going off. Apparently, he had pressed his perfectly-shaped bubble butt up against the emergency call button on the elevator control panel. The door opens back up and my hands come back out from underneath his shirt. The ringing finally stopped when he moved away from the wall. Oops. We tee-hee'd about that one for the rest of the day.

Here are a couple of birthday cards that I received from nothing but the best of friends. I simply had to share them.....knowing that you, my dear whacked out wonderful readers, would want to see them:




The first one is nothing short of perfect....especially with the hat on the ground and the fact that we love to tent camp. In case you can't see the verbiage in the second one, it says "Susan's talent for charming wieners always made her popular." And isn't that the truth? These are classics.

A friend of mine has just informed me that I've been carrying around a straight man's product in my suitcase for quite some time now. I had absolutely no idea. It may be time to rethink being seen with such contraband. You'll see it here:















I've been fooling around a little lately. With Windows Movie Maker, that is. You'll see the byproduct of my feeble efforts here:

You'll see that I've added a "My Videos" Link on the left-hand sidebar below the pictures link. Check it out from time to time for new videos that I'll definitely be making.

Did I mention the awesome Coconut Chicken that I made the other night? Topped with a yummy sauce of coconut milk, pineapple juice, red peppers, onions, and pineapple. Asparagus with garlic and zest of lime and lemon alongside. Fantastic! You all are going to have to come to Portland for dinner....that's all there is to it. Get busy making your plans.

Saturday-Monday will find me in San Diego, Los Cabos, Seattle, Orange County, Oakland, and San Jose. It's going to be a busy one....but I'm always thankful for a job that provides such good working conditions, benefits, and pay. And that, my dear friends, will end today's posting. Happy Weekend to you all.

(That's actually not all that we did today....but if you want to be let in on a naughty secret and know the dirt, you'll have to email me. It's just too much to publish on "the internets" as the village idiot (GW Bush) has been quoted as saying.)

14 comments:

K-A said...

I can't believe you actually had that Tag Body Spray or whatever it is in your luggage!

Your video is amusing. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!! the elevator, the pics and the video just great!!

T-Bird said...

Oh do tell your secret! you got my email address!

T-Bird said...

ps: did a "cat in the hat" inspired post that actually came to me last night as a dream. In the posy I mentioned all these funny washington and oregon place names that must be familiar to you.

Could not work in "Drain, Oregon" and "Twisp, Washington". Let's see...

There once was a teen boy from Twisp
Who spoke with a girly gay lisp...

SlyD said...

Woah! I never knew multi-level Target stores even existed!! Ya learn something new everyday!

Cute cards and great vid! Isn't WMM so much fun to play with?

I'm with Thunderbird on the secrets! You've got my email address too!

JoeBlogs said...

I expect to see that video win best short at the Oscars!

one3y3 said...

Great story about you and your hubby in the elevator. Sounds like a scene from some comedy :-)

Wayne said...

Oh you know I need to know your naughty little secret!

Anonymous said...

Well happy belated birthday!

Apologies for the late remembrance, though I know you realize my little reality of late, and I offer a huge & deep thank you for what is a very clearly felt support. Since this is quite a marked departure it seems, so very far from where I was always able to reference normal.

On a lighter topic, if the birthday card you posted is of a "Clayboys" variety, (insignia on reverse of the card), it is one made by two very close and long time friends of both David and I. In fact one of them was Davids first serious relationship over twenty years ago. To this day, they have always kept the friendship. They really do make some gut split funny cards.

Anonymous said...

man where did all these culinary skills, and elevator skills come from? Loved that video.

LSL said...

I think you should share your secret with all of us! We can take it.

I just loved the elevator story. It started me giggling. I can just imagine how loud those alarms were. Maybe you both thought for just a minute that even after all those years you still gave each other the "fireworks" feelings.

Good luck with work this weekend - that is an awful lot of flying. I have this feeling that although we'll miss you at TequilaCon, I might be on one of your flights that week as I head up to Seattle. Who knows! I'll sure let you know if I'm there. :)

Kevin said...

I can only begin to guess what your secret is ... but I'm sure it's even dirtier than what I'm envisioning.

Nathan said...

That Target story was hilarious! You guys are like high school boys. hehe

Great video too :)

Okay, fine. I'm going to resist the urge to email you about that secret. I swear I won't do it. And don't you send it to me either. I won't read it. No sir. I swear I won't.

If it just happened to show up in my Inbox with some deceptive subject line, like "Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Recipe" I might just be tricked into opening it. But otherwise, I won't hear of it. Really.

Greg said...

Oh, you naughty boys. So where's the video from the elevator?