* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Little Voices in the Elevator


In the elevator at work, on my way to a meeting with several coworkers. I'm in the front of the elevator, up against the doors....just staring at the crack in between the two halves....just thinking about, oh, you know, not much.....like, "how long is this going to take" or "I wonder if they serve cocktails at this meeting." A couple of people I know are behind me.....the elevator is moving between the floors.....when, out of nowhere, I hear:

Voice #1: Whose teddy bear did you get that backpack off of?

Voice #2: It's not very manly, is it?

So, now my thoughts have progressed onto other more essential matters like "Would you like me to slap the right or left side of your head first." Or how about "Do they make a feminine deodorant spray to cover up that smell your're emitting?"

It's a small Eddie Bauer backpack. Not the full-sized one. A small one. Gray with black piping. (The meeting was a total bore. Completely and thoroughly.)

I am in the middle of writing a three-part series on my dad. I'm planning on publishing them in fairly rapid succession between the 15-19th of March. The posts will be longer than usual which I know isn't popular for some readers. I'm hoping that you'll take the time to read them....maybe even print them off for reading at a future point if they are too lengthy to get through online. I also hope you'll share them with those in your lives that may benefit from them.

I'm working all of Friday and will be attending a pretty large blogger get-together on Saturday night here in Portland. Monday night will find me on my way to Orlando for a huge Tuesday rendezvous with the gang in central Florida. I return to a visit from a good friend after the Orlando trip. It's going to be busy. I wish you all wellness, health, and much happiness in your comings and going.

10 comments:

SlyD said...

So they broke the code of silence in the elevator with that? 'If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your month shut.' You just gotta brush 'em hatas off!

Looking forward to the series about your dad and I hope you have fun with all of your travels and get-togethers!

Mike said...

So, which side of which jealous bitch's head DID you slap first? Your public has a right to know...

Will you be bringing the backpack with you to Orlando?

Spider said...

We can't wait to see you!

My adventures said...

i'm looking forward to reading that, from our chat, i know it will be riveting and heartfelt... thanks again for a great evening, wish i'd stayed two nights after the one i had last night... ha...

Unknown said...

Unmasculine teddys, femi-stench and boring meetings oh my! Just hold your nose and we'll get through this. Cocktails are only a few hours away. I hope you have a fan-friggin-tastic meet up with the bloggers.
Look forward to reading about your pop.
Cheers,
kb

TigerYogi said...

Some people should just think before they open their mouths and look like fools...

K-A said...

I never understood why people assign gender equations to inanimate objects. Such as a large car is for men or a small car is for women or like, a small pack-back isn't very manly, etc.

Orlando, eh? Hmm, that is about 4 hours, 42 minutes from Savannah. ;)

I hope you have a great time Saturday night and a safe journey to Florida.

Doug said...

Like, from which dog's ass did those people steal their faces? Or is that too mean for office smalltalk? ;)

Have a great trip! Wish I could meet you in Orlando.

Sh@ney said...

Look forward to reading the stories about your Dad....And have a great (busy) weekend mt friend..xoxox

T-Bird said...

shall read. How fun (b. reunion). Cheers