* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Friday, June 15, 2007

Coffee and the Pony Ride

We're bummed about not being able join all of the hot "A" list guys in San Francisco for the blogger fest next weekend. However, we have arranged to meet for a quick cup of coffee with Dan and Jimmi late morning on Friday. Any other takers? We'll be in Oakland on an overnight trip and will take Bart over to at least say hi. Really appreciate the boys making time in their busy schedules. Thanks guys!

So, I'm bent down at my luggage yesterday -- doing god knows what. Probably sorting out my cosmetic selections or rearranging my collection of FDS sprays. Behind me comes someone who says "Hey, maybe I'll just jump on and take a ride on the pony." It's a large African American woman, big pretty smile on her face, and looking squarely at me. Me? Be taken for a ride? Not likely.

I asked her if she had a quarter to put in the slot. That always starts the pony up. And he kicks and gallops until the time runs out. And then, you'd better have another quarter.

18 comments:

LSL said...

Aren't you a good sport :)

Sh@ney said...

ROFL...Niceone!...xox

Dave2 said...

You should have totally taken her up on it! Rides like that you can't even get at Disneyland! :-)

Unknown said...

we dont get to SF until noonish... or we would love to meet for coffee... and i will probably be half lit cuz i cant fly sober... hehehe...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Now that is classic! I'm sure you'll be telling that story for decades. It's definitely worth repeating :)

So did she insert a quarter? And exactly where did she stick it?

Rick Rockhill said...

and imagine if she HAD mounted you. YIKES.

-Rick

Anonymous said...

Wish I could meet you guys! I wanted to go so bad, maybe next year, but I hope to meet you before then, tell me again when you head down in the middle of the week to see Sorted, and I'll try and arrange some days off. Hope your doing great and enjoying the weekend.

Matt said...

Okay, I almost peed myself a little ...

And I won't say anything about riders vs. ridees ... or quarters ... or slots ... nope, nothing ...

bardelf said...

I have a cowboy hat and a roll of quarters in my pocket. ; )

For the record, I think I've always been a "B or C list" person.

Enjoy the city!

TigerYogi said...

What a hoot! What was her reaction? :)

A Bear in the Woods said...

Oh buddy, you're as "A" list as it gets. Would have been priceless if she had ponied up with some cash. Big healthy sistahs...You'd have saddle sores in the morning.

Robert said...

I think she's just horny. But who wouldn't be seeing someone like you bending down! d'oh!

*inserts coin*

Ur-spo said...

ah well there is next year perhaps we'll both be there.

Kevin said...

I got a whole roll o' quarters in my pocket for ya.

Greg said...

Do you take ATM cards? ;-)

Christopher said...

So you're a bottom??

Jimmi said...

Looking forward to seeing you again Darlin! ;)

D-Man said...

Oh honey, she woulda broke you in two!