* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, June 18, 2007

Sweetie Rocks and Portland Gay Pride



Dead tired. Worn out from dealing with freaks. I'm in the door, excited to be home. Layed out before me....a spread that you wouldn't believe including a dozen long-stemmed red roses, yummy ravioli with marinara sauce, a green salad piled high with veggies, marinated olives, hot biscuits from the oven, and ice cream for dessert. Oh, and did I mention the gin and tonics pulled straight out of the freezer? I couldn't have asked for a nicer homecoming. My sweetie rocks!

Sunday brought us to Portland's Gay Pride festivities. I have decided that you can only hold the lid on a pot of boiling water for just so long before it explodes...everywhere. Not unlike gay folk.....keep us down, tell us were second or third rate, don't allow us to marry, call us hateful names, toss scripture and Bibles in our faces.....and we're going to hold it in only so long. And that's what happens come Pride time each year. Every GLBT crazy in the world was out. Where do they hide out the rest of the year?

We were supposed to meet friends downtown for the parade -- chiffon, heels, lips and all. But pseudo family emergencies threw our plans into a tailspin at the last minute. (Roll with it boys...it'll be okay....). So, late, plans semi-salvaged but without good friends....we made it. Enjoy the video below and all of the pics are here. I even won a pair of Ginch Gonch men's sport briefs....."free to the first taker if you change your underwear here" -- so I was.......and I did. Wrestled myself into those mediums, glanced at the $34 price tag, which I'd never have paid. But, hey, free panties? Sure. Thanks to Under U For Men, a newcomer to Portland's underwear market.


19 comments:

Kevin said...

so did you have to strip right there? awww, i miss all the fun :(

LSL said...

Love the vid! Glad you guys had fun.

Ur-spo said...

I had the adventure once of being in Portland during their gaypride fest. I was visiting my brother, who had his chums with him.
I went to the fest with 4 straight men.

Anonymous said...

You're always looking for opportunities to take your clothes off, aren't you? hehe

I checked out the video and gallery. I had no idea that's what GAY stands for. I've been enlightened today.

What a nice way to come home.. roses and food... yum.

Anonymous said...

Roses? 'k, I'm jealous, and I admit it freely :)

Stripped in public for free undies? On my boldest day, you wouldn't catch me showing off my pasty white self in public... you're a bolder man than I!

Nik-in-Paris said...

That looked like fun! Wish we could have been there :)

Single Guy said...

I love those undies! Who can ever turn down free undies.

Sh@ney said...

You sure do have a wonderful 'sweetie'...Sounds so romantic....Glad you had a fun time & well now your in Ginch Gonch, there's no going back to the grandpa-undies...*winks*
hugs stud
xoxo

tornwordo said...

That looked like fun - Happy Pride!

I love that you can hang your bike in the train.

Wayne said...

Great video!
And super undies too!

Christopher said...

you big tease!!...and I Love the video!!

Anonymous said...

brings back memories, I remember walking those streets just a few years ago. I do love Portland

Michael Guy said...

Fun video! and that 'rainbow' color overtone was not lost on this Creative Director. Sounds like a fab, and very tiring, weekend. But sweetie...dropping your drawers for "free" underwear?!

Would you drop them for a free Chicago-style deep dish pizza? :)

Unknown said...

I have a whole closet full of underwear. You can have them for free if you come try them on. ;)

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

You should always know that choosing blue is not good in a parade when you want to stand out. Should have gone with a red boa instead. And we need to work on your signature wave. it was just too limp. The wave must stand erect and flash. I hope you remembered to wear clean, streak-free FOTL's to change out of. :-)

Great pictures and glad things worked out through the unforseen situation.

Anonymous said...

Really sounds like a geat time. Love the pics and video! Wish we were there to see you win the undies.

My adventures said...

last year for gay pride, i cleaned out my closet... lol... this year i think i'll drag my old tired ass out to the parade... ours is at night and quite fun!! maybe i'll even march!!! gee, now i have to find that box with my majorette costume... the joys of being unorganized...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.