* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Do You Have a Small Package?

I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse. There we were enjoying dinner at the Ambassador, an old favorite Portland hangout for karaoke and great Chinese food. Smoky, video and lotto machines beep and clink in the background, karaoke nightly at 9. And us. Just wanting some delicious food....and they definitely have it. We're always the only ones on the restaurant side (as opposed to more skany karaoke/bar/lotto/smoking-permitted side). The combination "C" was perfect (kung pao chicken without the chicken and fried rice). Wonderfully warm and rich brown gravy laced with a good amount of zippy hot red peppers. Really, to die for. Well, maybe not that far down the trail...but good, nonetheless, when one needs a good hit of Chinese.

And then she brings the bill (they always do in spite of my asking them not too...it ruins a perfectly good evening). And there are the fortune cookies too. She makes a point of telling us to take the one closet to us that is pointing at us. And I do. There were actually two fortunes inside. I tossed one away because the second one outweighed the other for scariness. So, you tell me, a blessing or a curse?

"A small lucky package is on its way to you soon."


So, which one of you is coming over?



SAN DIEGO -- I have a couple of nights free in San Diego this week. Anybody there who wants to have dinner together? Email me.


Happy holiday weekend to everyone. Looks like we're having an evening BBQ and fireworks right here in our backyard.....Anyone Close to Portland who wants to come over?

13 comments:

Sinclair said...

So is Kung Pao Chicken without the chicken just called Kung Pao? LOL
I couldn't resist asking.

Great blog. Just happened across it while surfing and your Pride info caught my eye.

~Sin~

TigerYogi said...

"A small lucky package is on its way to you soon."


So, which one of you is coming over?

I think that you have me mistaken for someone else! ;P

Matt said...

Apparently I'm not stopping by anytime soon ...

Rick Rockhill said...

What did you have for dinner? Cream of Sum Yung Gai?

I'll be in San Diego this coming week (7/2-7/6) Did I read correctly that you will be there?

Brad said...

You should have kept the first fortune. I do not fit the bill for the second.

Dave2 said...

I'm very unlucky, so it can't be me.

Hey... wait a second...

bardelf said...

Perhaps one of those vibrating devices you ordered is about to arrive. Oops! Sorry, wrong package.

TJ said...

Seriously, now who's going to admit to that. Every man I know says he's huge and then reality hits. Maybe your small package is in San Diego? Oh and BTW it's not me :)

Ur-spo said...

i wasn't planning on coming over so it ain't me!!!

Steven said...

Seems that small lucky package may be what's posted for July 1st. I love it when I come across a repeated fortune. Not when it's bad, of course. ;-)

Hope the BBQ went well. Any leftovers?

Wayne said...

I wish I could!

Doug said...

Ahem, it CAN'T be me. ;)

Anonymous said...

You need to let me know if you are ever going to fly into Baltimore... we will do dinner... and drinks!