* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, July 23, 2007

Cruising Foreigners Visit Portland


Our friends from Philadelphia visited for the weekend. I think we wore them out. Even though we kept busy seeing everything we could in Portland, there was much that remained untouched. We introduced them to Portland's live and let live culture, Powell's Books, the Pittock Mansion, the Washington Park Rose Garden, the Pearl District, Hawthorne Street, Mt. Tabor, Newport Bay Restaurant on the Willamette River, every bridge we could find to cross, a nice walk around the Eastside Esplanade, a BBQ here at home, Rejuvenation Hardware, and another dinner outside at some good friends. Here are the pics. Ten of us are going on a Hawaii cruise in October....we had plenty of planning to get done. You've heard of rocking the boat? I'm afraid it may happen.


11 comments:

Steven said...

So Hawthorne Street is known for its young, liberal residents, populated by Generation X and hippies, and more recently, hipsters? Sounds like you're trying to relive your youth by frequenting the area (fleeing). Looks like you guys had a blast and it sounds like the Hawaiian cruise will be a lot of fun.

Doug said...

Wow, 10 people cruising together. Definitely plan, otherwise you'll end up staring at each other saying, "So, what do you want to do?"

digital t-square said...

I did a Hawaiian cruise two years ago. It was great. I enjoyed all 11 days of it. We did "free style" cruising on Norwegian. If you don't want to pack formal wear (and who would want to in Hawaii?), free style is the way to go.

Sh@ney said...

Oh no doubt you will sink a few...not ships of course...I wanna come too...:P Not going to happen though!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lewis, thanks for your comment on my blog! I enjoy yours as well!

daveincleveland said...

me too me too......oh but then i would have to esplain where i am going.......ok me too me too

Jimmi said...

I am SO looking forward to the cruise Kevin and I are taking in December. We are actually meeting up with some friends we met on the last cruise. Funny huh? Now I just need to work on my tan!

Steve said...

I miss Powell's books! Used to hang there all the time! Glad you guys had fun!

"W" said...

Awe...when I turn 34, I want to have a cute hubby and cool gay friends that come visit.

PS You have bridges in Portland???

PPS I have another week of vacation, but not enough in the kitty after my bangkok trip to go. Perhaps I could hide in one of your two suitcases???

kenny said...

I think I've only been to powell's books I need to start exporling my city!

Rick Rockhill said...

I'm going on another cruise in November, we're doing the Mexican Riviera the week afer Thanksgiving.

BTW- I love Portland