* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Our Neighborhood -- Home of Lap Dances and Fruitcakes




Pirate's Cove was known for years as The Sandy Jug. It's two blocks from our house. Really, it doesn't get much better than this. I mean, it's a phallic symbol and a strip club....all in one. Looks like a big old jug. Last week, the sign said something about them having little corn doggies on their menu. (Now, there's a reason to stop in.) It's the same sign that said "No Fruitcakes, Please" at Christmas. And here we are. Right in the middle of it. Gay as the fruitcakes are. I'm still trying to figure out the sign. It's like their phones have been ringing off of the hook with people wondering if they are still a strip club or not -- so they decided to tell everyone driving by so that, maybe, the phones will stop ringing. A few months back, they were advertising for "Dancers Wanted....Call Jody." Now, wouldn't you like to have that job? Anybody up for a visit? You can park at our place and walk up to "The Jug" (the former name and what everyone knows it by) from here. Who knows what you'll come home with. Maybe a corn doggie, a fruitcake, or a lap dance.

9 comments:

A Bear in the Woods said...

Ummm-are those gurrl dancers? or boys?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing, Daniel!! But no matter, cute, funny post, Lewis!

Steven said...

So thaaaaat's what warranted your move and eventual location to that particular neighborhood??!! God forbid if they were no longer a strip club after they changed from The Sandy Jug to Pirate's Cove....then you'd regret that move. Pirate's Cove serves as a nice overflow parking area for your big par-tays. :-D

Fruitcakes and corn dogs? I think I know who the clientele are. ;-)

Doug said...

I'm not sure I'd want Jody's job. It'd be like the judges at American Idol...you gotta get through a lot of crap before you find the good stuff.

Do you think property values went up or down in nearby neighborhoods when the posted that sign?

cola boy said...

The strip club down the street from me was advertising free wi-fi access on their sign but replaced that with drink specials before I could snap a photo of it the next day.

Greg said...

I haven't eaten a corn dog in years. I didn't know they served food in those clubs!

Michael Guy said...

You guys are so lucky to have your polling place so close.

:: snort :: Sorry. Couldn't resist. But any place that has corn dogs AND lucite platform heels can't be ALL bad.

D-Man said...

Oooooooo, let's put on a tube-top, Daisy Dukes and go audition!

Rick Rockhill said...

How very strange indeed. I think you need to sneak in with a camera.