* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, July 30, 2007

From Hot to Hotter to Hottest


Last night carried me through Phoenix. Hotter than bloody hell, it is. And that's just the guys. Namely, Jimmi and his partner, Darin, and two more really cool guys J&D who just might be moving to Portland! We had a yummy dinner and drinks (how do you spell Pomegranate Margarita???) -- despite lackluster service and a horrendous built-in gratuity charge -- at Fez on Central. We followed up dinner with more drinks (Lemon Drops this time) at Kobalt. The boys treated me like royalty again....with Jimmi and hubby coming all of the way out to Scottsdale to retrieve me and then returning me at the end of a great evening. As always, we had an excellent time. Thanks to all of my Phoenix friends for taking time out to spend it with me. You'll see the non-airbrushed pics here.




16 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

Glad you had a great time in Phoenix! Looks like a good time was had by all. Take care and say hello to your hubby.

Ur-spo said...

you sure know a lot of people; and they always seem nice. I envy that.

daveincleveland said...

damn dude looks a good time....been to arizona 1 time a while back, visited scottsdale and stayed at some swanky place called the phonecian.....was and think still is a grand hotel......would love to be able to travel like you guys do....maybe someday

Jimmi said...

It was great having you here and next time you have to stay longer. Actually after I dropped you off, I realized I had left my credit card at the bar so I ended up going back and hanging out with Darin for another few hours. It was a HOOT! and I do believe he caught a lot on film. I wait with baited breath.

Brad said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun! So, tell me, was Jimmi wearing shorts? ;)

TJ said...

You're quite the jet setter/globe hopper. When are you coming to the land down under? Looks like as always you had a great time.

Greg said...

One of these days, I need to meet all these blogger people. I feel so out of the loop.

bardelf said...

You look so tanned in the group photo!

Dave2 said...

Phoenix in July? You are a far braver man than I.

I'd mention something about heatstoke, but I'm pretty sure that would be taken out of context somehow...

:-)

daveincleveland said...

did someone say heat stroke.....when are all you guys gonna come and visit cleveland...i can show you the river that caught on fire....all kinds of neat stuff.......hahaha

Steve said...

Glad you had fun! And yeah, Phoenix is hot, hot, hot at this time of year!!!! I've heard a lot about Kobalt, and have never even been there. Just from reading entries from different Phoenix bloggers. I feel almost like a regular there!

Anonymous said...

I love Phoenix! Visit twice a year!

Doug said...

Looks like a fun group!

Steven said...

"Non-airbrushed" and everyone still looks young and handsome. :-)

Kevin said...

You Idahoans are crazy!

I need to get back there! See J&D again before they leave.

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves them some of YOU!