* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pink Martini


So, do you want me to tell you that we're going to see these guys on Saturday evening.....outside, at the Oregon Zoo, under (hopefully) a beautiful, clear summer sky.....with friends.....and yummy food? If you haven't heard of Pink Martini, you should treat yourself. This is their newest CD, this is their second one, and this is their first....the one that set them on a fast road to success. I recommend the first. We're fortunate enough that they hail from Portland.
Sunday night will take me to Phoenix where I'm hoping to have dinner with Jimmi and Darin. I've promised to be on my best behavior which, if you know me, is going to be quite difficult. I hate behaving. It's so mundane. So overrated.

14 comments:

Ur-spo said...

it is a lot of fun to learn about new groups via word of mouth like this; thank you.

daveincleveland said...

i have heard that they put on an awesome show.....have fun you guys.....

bardelf said...

I've never heard of Pink Martini, but they look riotous. Have a great time!!!

tornwordo said...

We saw them here and loved it. China Forbes is freaking fabulous.

Steven said...

At first I thought the photo may have been of you and your friends in back of Pirate's Cove after seeing the latest strip show. ;-)

I have never heard of Pink Martini, but it seems as though the word is out on them so I'll have to give them a listen.

Have a great time! :-D

TigerYogi said...

Looks marvy! :)

Jimmi said...

Can't wait to see you on Sunday, Since we are naming groups after drinks our group on Sunday will be called "The Lady Slippers"... ;)

Doug said...

You and your trampy ways carousing across the country meeting all the bloggers you can. I'm envious. :)

Rick Rockhill said...

Lewis- Stop by my blog..you've won an award!

K-A said...

Oh my goddess, y'all are going to have a fabulous time!

Unknown said...

Enjoy the show and please... don't hold back for us!

savante said...

They are sure happy to release their album :)

Sh@ney said...

I bet you misbehaved?
I bet the concert was awesome!
I bet your thinking 'I wished' I was there!...hehe

Matt said...

Love love love love love love love Pink Martini - but you already know that.