* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Monday, August 06, 2007

Ambien Rocks

I've blogged once or twice about our sleeping challenges. We've dabbled in just about everything you can imagine to get a good night's sleep -- short of rolling a joint and puffing on it. We've pretty much achieved it now....with Ambien (just a half pill, please) or Lunesta. It definitely does the trick. Last night, I decided to really live on the edge and take a whole pill....and I always leave out the appropriate dosage for my honey bunny to take. He said, "A whole pill?" I said, "Just take it." So, we're upstairs, checking out Family Guy and we start fooling around a little. Okay, a lot. But, see, here's the problem. I kind of remember the start of things, and even parts of the middle, but that's where it ends. Fade to black. I think I'll go back to the half pill tonight.


You Rock! Nathan has become one of my best friends in the blogging world. He and I have exchanged some great emails, phone calls, and share many of the same ideas. He knows full well that I've had a rough summer...for one of the first times in my life. I've been frustrated, a little depressed (which is very unusual for me), fed up with our society, and just generally been tired and irritable. He asked for my address a while back and said that he was sending me a rock. A rock? Yes, he was going to ship a gratitude rock all of the way from Tennessee to Oregon. I told him that we had rocks here -- that Lewis and Clark (no relation that I'm aware of) had brought them out a few years back. I was sitting here on the computer today when the mailman arrived and slipped the mail through the front door. Ker-Plunk! The package had arrived. You'll see the note and picture attached. He's a dream....a very good friend indeed. And I promise to remember that "my friends and family love me" whenever I look at this nicely polished rock. Thanks, Nathan. I appreciate your friendship and thoughtfulness.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I to assume that you guys had sex while drugged up on Ambien? heh

I've started watching Family Guy at night too! So you must be watching Adult Swim.

I'm glad I could bring a smile your way. You've been a great friend to me as well :)

Steve said...

Awwww that's sweet :) And Lunesta works like a charm around my household. I also have the best dreams on it :) Sorry you've had a bit of a rough time. Been there myself, at times. Chin up, and ya know we'll be watching over ya.

Robert said...

Y'know every time I see that Lunesta commercial, where that 'butterfly' goes from house to house and do the "alien abduction" thingy, I just giggle! It flies over from house to house and zaps the lights out of everyone. Too funny.

Anyway, I always thought 'honey' was spelled 'hunny' in the HB context! ahaha! j/k! Have a great night Saint Lewis!! zzzzzzzzzzz!

"W" said...

So you don't remember the part when I came into the room that night and...

Oh wait, that was my fantasy...my apologies.

Despite being slightly depressed, your mood/tone has remained chipper throughout most of your blogging this summer.

It's like you're my own personal ray of sunshine!

Smooches!

Ur-spo said...

ambien is rather notiously for all sorts of strange night time activity the taker doesn't recall later; jolly good fun.

Anonymous said...

that's what i need right now, I took two melatonin, and it's just not working, hope your doing great, have missed you. the computer got struck by lightning and wiped out the motherboard, but I'm back again.

Billy said...

Pole (Swahile for sorry) about the rough summer! Just keep your smile, and all will be well again soon!

To quote you - Count your blessings, not the lack of them!

Anonymous said...

Ambien is the best ever!

bardelf said...

Well, at least you woke up with someone you know beside you.
The scary part of those 'not remembering nights' is when you awaken the next morning and have to say, "now tell me your name again".

Wayne said...

It's interesting seeing that so many people use sleep aids. I've never had a problem sleeping. Oh wait! I usually have a couple of toddies before bed! We all have our drugs of choice!

Minge said...

Sorry you've been going through some shit. But how fabulous to know that you are loved. Absolutely.

Steven said...

Was it really the Ambien that konked you out? ;-)

I say we start a rock campaign and send Lewis a rock from our states. Then he can have a nice rock garden filled with "family" from around the globe. :-)

Sh@ney said...

LOL...Amazing that something so minute can have a huge impact on one's mind! & well ability...*winks*
That was very sweet of your blogger pal to send you a gift...
Friendship is wonderful & really does have limitless possibilities! I just wish I had some close friends!

Michael Guy said...

OOH! I wanna send a rock! Me too!

And why hasn't anyone mentioned the sleepy-time benefits found with a half-xanax and chardonnay?!

Or am I the only one channeling Judy Garland?!

Anonymous said...

i've been reluctant in taking sleeping pills. but lately it's taking me alot of time to go to sleep, e.g. in bed by midnight but won't sleep till 2. weird. maybe ambien will work. but then i'd like to see how the fooling around with my bf ends.

TigerYogi said...

That is so sweet! :)

LSL said...

Wow, how great is Nathan? I'm so glad he did that, and we do! We do!

Christopher said...

So the Family Guy turns you boys on, huh?....Crazy North Westerners!

Greg said...

I'm glad you said it was a rock. I though perhaps someone sent a melted Hershey's kiss, and my tummy started a-rumblin'.

A Bear in the Woods said...

Sex on Ambien is sort of like making love in super slow motion.

Nathan's a sweetheart, one of nature's noblemen.
I'm glad you're doing better.

T-Bird said...

try melatonin. is natural and puts you into "winter nap with a down comfortor" sleep.