* * * My Words, My World, My Way * * *

Please Write: ALewisPDX@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Getting Leid With Big Tears


If you're bored this coming Sunday, you're invited to get leid. Not sure if there's a charge for it or not (but a $20 on the nightstand is always a sign of good gesture). I've already blogged about this place near our house. Seems they are nothing but full of creative ability when it comes to their reader board verbiage. And, hey, if you're not into getting leid, don't worry -- I'm sure there will be something else offered soon. I'll let you know. I'm just plain old happy that they aren't homophobic or selective when it comes to who gets leid.
Is it so wrong to still get all choked up with huge, heavy tears in my eyes, at this? Like a baby, I am. Crew member Barbara Morgan is from my home state of Idaho. A teacher there -- in the small, beautiful lake town of McCall. She was the substitute astronaut for the Challenger mission in 1986. And now, she's orbiting the earth. Go ahead, call me a girly girl if you must.

10 comments:

Mike said...

You are a girly girl. There I did it.

Doesn't make you wrong, though.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to get leid!

Steven said...

I was holding my breath at 5:36 PM CDT. Glad that I didn't have to hold my breath for long. We all have our "choke ups." Shed the tears!

Rick Rockhill said...

I need to check this place out nect time I get to town!!!

Billy said...

Maybe you are a girly girl, maybe you're not, but a man that can shed a tear, wins 50 browny points in my book.

daveincleveland said...

oh i am so ready........might even come up with an extra 20.......hehehe...and like billy said...nothing wrong with shedding tears...i still do at the star spangled banner.....

Sorted Lives said...

Darn, and I have plans for Sunday.

Anonymous said...

i would call you a girly girl but i have to wipe my tears first. showing your emotions is a good trait.

Ur-spo said...

I won't call you a girly girl
or late for dinner either
have fun gettting leid.

Wiener Wrangler said...

I get "leid" every Sunday night.....it is also 2 dollar bee night at my favorite bar though so I do not always remember!